Snorkeling Question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Ben1553, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Ben1553

Ben1553 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :?: I've read through several threads and have run into life jacket requirements for snorklers....is this just a requirement for guided snorkeling or for everyone in Cancun. If I bring my own equipment to the resort I'm staying at...will I have to wear a PFD???? Thank you in advance!

2. Dive Pro

Dive Pro Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not sure about the resorts that are close distance to any reef 2 miles.
    But I know that it is a law to wear one while snorkeling at the national park.You may depending on conditions dive in and come back to the life vest.
    Hope this helps

3. snorklebum

snorklebum Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The law governs tourism providers, not swimmers. So if you walk in, you're okay.

Parks and places like Xel Ha might be the exception, since they are "proprietary water" and would be fined, just like boat operators would.

Try slipping out of your jacket and looping the belt around your wrist. This should allow you to reach bottom up to about 10 feet. Deeper than that, just tow the thing down with you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice