Snorkeling in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amers, Jan 2, 2007.

1. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there! My family is going to Cancun in February, and of the 6 of us going, 3 would like to snorkel. Is there a place in Cancun that has good snorkeling, maybe a shorter tour or just a place to go by ourselves? We have a limited amount of time, so we thought maybe half a day and then the other 3 people could either stay at the hotel's beach or something like that. I did see about snorkeling off of Isla Mujeres, where would it better or easier to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are snorkeling tours in Cancun, but in my opinion they are not very good at all. The snorkeling in Isla Mujeres is better, or try a tour to Akumal for even better that that.

Isla can be done in a half day pretty easily, but anywhere South of Cancun for snorkeling would be more of a day trip.

3. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were looking at going to Isla Mujeres for day anyways, after the different info I found on here make it sound great to check out. I was also looking online and found this place Playa Garrafon de Castilla resort, which says has good snorkeling and also a small beach for about $3.00 to get in. Anyone been there? I thought that way some of us could stay on the beach, while the others went snorkeling. It sounds like Isla Mujeres may be the place to after all. Any ideas on where on the island? Thanks again!

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Garrafon de Castillo is a great idea, though I think the price has gone up a bit, last I heard was around $5 USD. A great deal.

5. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Even $5.00 or $10.00 USD would be a great way to do it. Have you been there before? (I know you were one of the ones that made Isla Mujeres sound so nice to visit) :D My husband and his parents are the snorkeling people, and my daughter has tried it, but the kids and I would probably just stay on a beach somewhere while they snorkeled. We are coming from Minnesota, and although this winter hasn't been bad, we can't wait to come again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice