Snorkeling advice Puerto Morelos and Cozumel

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Going2Cancun, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Going2Cancun

Going2Cancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Everyone,
    I have lurked here for a while now and have really enjoyed all of the information and feedback people have given. I've been to cancun twice now and will be staying in puerto morelos this time around. I've found that one of my favorite activities (besides drinking :) ) is Snorkeling!!

From what I've read the ATV Snorkel tour in Puerto Morelos is well worth doing so I will definitely be signing up for that. My question is, is the snorkeling that much better in Cozumel - enough to book a snorkeling trip over there as well? If the quality of snorkeling is the same between the two then I'd rather save myself some hassle and just stay in town. However I'm not opposed to going to Cozumel if the snorkeling is spectacular.

Looking forward to your replies...

2. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No need for the Cozumel trip for snorkeling, diving mayby. but not snorkeling. Puerto Morelos is a great snorkeling location. The protection of the reef that was instituted several years ago has allowed us to have one of the healthest reefs in the entire Mayan Riviera.

3. Going2Cancun

Going2Cancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice Frank. I was hoping someone would suggest staying local - which is what I would prefer.

Ill be in Puerto Morelos from May 27th through June 3rd if anyone would like to book a snorkeling trip.

4. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ypu will have to stop by our weekly Meet & Greets while you are here that week. We hold them every Friday at 700pm, currently at Cantina Habanero's. You can also track what's happening here in PM on my town website www.vivapuertomorelos.com and the local PM Forum, www.vivapuertomorelos.com /bb

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice