Smoking Ban

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Kristen78, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    I wish they'd just introduce a smoking area policy in Mexico. You could have 1 by the beach, 1 by the quiet pool and 1 by Bash - everywhere else it's banned. I quit actual cigarettes in 2014, after many failed attempts only by vaping. Then they banned vapes in Mexico last year, so I tried a quit smoking spray thingy last trip which resulted in a relapse and I was back to smoking during that trip. I felt bad about it, but drunk Trish doesn't care as much as sober Trish. Sober me 100% agrees that smoking is nasty and everyone shouldn't be subjected to others smoking all over the place. Drunk me apparently forgets and thinks nobody minds. An ideal world nobody would smoke or use nicotine at all, but we're still in the transition phase where we pick up habits from our parents, grandparents etc. Sometimes once you're hooked, you're hooked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Our group of 14 just came back from a Carib cruise last week. None are reg smokers, but 5 of us guys likes to light up a couple of cigars onboard the indoor cigar lounge & on the beaches.
    Roatan Honduras beaches, no problem
    But on Cozumel & Mahahual/Costa Maya Mexico beaches, the restaurant/bar staff really enforced the no smoking on the beach ban, making us smoke only in the roped off area behind the kitchen nearer to the street/parking lot....

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Was at the hotel last weekend, no new restrictions

4. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Good to hear.
    I don't smoke at home, but like to light up a cigar or two when on vacation. Wouldn't mind if they just set up a small roped off area downwind end of the beach, so I can enjoy a cigar in peace, without bothering anyone...

5. SurpriseMFKR

SurpriseMFKR Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Hey everyone,

I was curious if there's been any significant updates on this? We definitely like to smoke when on vacation, but if we can't at all then it's definitely a deal breaker. Curious if smoking is still something that continues at TTR Cancun?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice