Smoking Ban

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Kristen78, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    So the new complete smoking (and vaping) ban…

I’m not debating for or against, but wondering how this will actually affect TTR/other resorts. Will they have designated areas now, or it’s it really completely and totally banned?

2. FandS

FandS Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0
    Very interesting. I'm guessing it won't be completely enforced but hoping it does create some positive change for those who dislike the odor.

3. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    I’m on both sides… I smoke occasionally, especially when drinking. But agree it’s annoying when you can’t escape it. I’m cool with designated areas, which seems like what’s going to happen.(I just found this) EA23F802-DB42-4EA0-9E24-76988E1379AB.jpeg

4. ash09

ash09 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    K and I were wondering about this, too, since the ban went into effect on our last day this January. As of the Jan. 17, there were no signs or updated guidance at TTR about smoking/non-smoking areas. Everything still operated as normal.

That said, I recommend exercising caution when smoking on the beach, as the Mexican military members patrol up and down the Cancun beach on foot.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Haven't been to TTR since the 'new rules' a few days ago but I doubt it will change anything.

I have been to two convenience stores since, one had hidden the cigarettes behind a covering but still sold them, the other had no changes and had them on full display. Also no changes at the Starbucks smoking area

Bear in mind vapes were 'banned' months ago, and there are at least two vape shops within a mile of our house and lots of vending machines still selling them.

Also, I wouldnt worry about the military on the beach. It's not their job to enforce laws such as this, they have bigger fish to fry.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  6. T&D PA

T&D PA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 1
    I have a feeling the resort will not make any changes. It would be nice if they did because the smoking at Bash can be overwhelming at times. I love how Desire has a smoking area. I do not want to ban smokers by any means, but it would be nice if I wasn't forced to smell it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,804 / 5
    They make too much money on the Hookah sales so this will be interesting. My guess, no real change.

8. TxCouple84

TxCouple84 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 1
    I smoke cigars on vacation at TTR sometimes. My experience has always been that smokers of any type tend to be very courteous around non-smokers. I always ask for permission to smoke if I’m close around other guests outside.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. T&D PA

T&D PA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 1
    Yea I was thinking the same thing about the Hookahs. However, the hookahs don't smell bad to me. It is the cigarettes' and cigar smoke that is the worst.

10. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,804 / 5
    ….depends what is in them ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice