SILVER IN CANCUN

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by tonyrukuz, Jul 29, 2007.

1. tonyrukuz

tonyrukuz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    i bought a necklass at a store in the island of women for a hundred dollars, the hosts on the boat and of course the guy who sold it to me said that all silver sold in stores here are real.. well it'sdefinatley not real.. imgoing back in jan and wonder if anyone knows what to look for in real silver,good shops to look for and roughly how much can you usally talk down.. thanks

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Make sure it has the number 925 engraved in it.

If it doesn't then it's definitely not real silver.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do you know it's not real? The only way to tell is as Karan said, the .925 stamp. My mom thought she bought something fake because it turned black, but that is an indication it's real. Silver can react with sulphides and change colour. You just have to clean it if that's the case and it will return to it's original colour. If you don't wear it frequently it will happen faster, the stuff I wear everyday is still shiny while the others are starting to tarnish.

Here's a link....

http://www.hindu.com/seta/2005/11/03/stories/2005110300221700.htm

4. tonyrukuz

tonyrukuz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    well the one i have does have the 925 and it sis turn black but when i clean it some of the links in the chain are faded kind of looks like its peeling.. is it possible they could stamp the 925 themselves

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not typically.

It's usually stamped in there pretty deep and I think most people would be able to spot one that someone just scratched in.

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it's a bargain, it's probably not silver.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice