Sillyleo

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Restling, May 1, 2014.

1. sillyleo

sillyleo I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Since this is "my thread" (regret that now, don't ya? lol) I'm going to post this to get it off my chest since it's sort of TTR unrelated EXCEPT that THIS is what is affecting our future TTR trips, especially our ability to go in October.

It is also the definition of irony. And this is really bitchy and whiny. Be warned. Read no further if you want SILLYLEO, not BITCHY/PISSYLEO.

I mentioned in several places bits of information. 1) Coming back from TTR to a crappy email that affected our decision about buying the membership at TTR. 2) House that needs to be sold 3) Rental 4) Sucky renters 5) Need house to sell so we can go back to TTR

So, we rented out our house in NC when we moved to FL. We chose a property manager that was referred to us because I'm an idiot and didn't realize my realtor friend/former Broker In Charge was doing property management. Anyway, crap manager has done little besides send us our money for 2 years. Repairs have gone undone for over a year. She never inspected the house. When my realtor friend went to check on the house when we decided to sell it at the end of this lease period, found out the tenants had been mopping up the dog pee from our NEWLY (within 30 days prior to them moving in) installed laminate floors with BLEACH. Yes. Ruined. Carpet installed 2 weeks before they moved in also needs to be replaced. Dishwasher has been run who knows how long with silver ware lying on the bottom of the machine, machine partially rusted out. General filth and stains abound. LOTS of trash and furniture left outside that we'll have to pay to have hauled away. Then just general wear and tear. YAY!

Ok, then they claimed they misunderstood the lease and moved out at the beginning of May and didn't pay May rent. So, their deposit has gone to cover the last month's rent, leaving the damages completely uncovered, technically (yeah, yeah, they moved out so either way they are out and we have started doing what needs to be done to do repairs etc. EXCEPT they didn't notify her they were moving out - she didn't figure it out until she didn't get rent from them by the late date and went to investigate - so we lost over a week of the month).

Here is where the irony comes in. They moved into our house when the husband got an engineering job. They moved from Mexico. We came home from our wonderous Mexico vacation to all this disaster. Yay!

SELL, baby, SELL!

Oh, and someone dumped the identical (but not nearly as nice as our house will be again once we spend a few thousand dollars to get it where it was before) house to ours in February for $22K less than what we owe on ours. Not a short sale or foreclosure. Just a sale. Based on their purchase date, assuming it's what they owed on theirs if they were the first owners (we are second). :ranting1::cry::ass: Yes, it is worth it to spend the money because they should NOT have sold it so low and they effed the market in the whole neighborhood by doing that and I don't believe in contributing to crap like that. Yeah, I'm sure they had their reasons. Then my beef is with the real estate industry and the fact that they are now taking short sales/foreclosures and other anomaly sales into account on CMAs. Plus, that was our first house we ever owned and I can't sell it looking like a piece of garbage, I just can't. :cry:

Whew!! Now, I can just say "damn house!" or something along those lines if I need to reference it in any other posts! I'm MOST pissed because if not for that damn house, we'd already be booked for Octoberbreast!!!!!!!!!

2. JnLStuck

JnLStuck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    Hope to see ya'll in October!

3. sillyleo

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Ok, so Oct not happening this year, more so due to child coverage than anything else. BUT...my mom is HOPEFULLY moving to our area by Jan/Feb 2015!!! :huepfen013:

I think I'll just let her live in our house and Rome and I will move out! lol

So, hopefully 2015 will see at least 2 trips to TTR!! And that gives everyone almost a year to help us figure out the logistics of becoming somehow unable to return home during one of those trips:aetsch011:...ever!

4. sillyleo

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Oh and BTW, I can't figure out HOW to change my title :icon_eek:

5. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    That costs extra.

6. onlyyoungonce

onlyyoungonce Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually if you just go across the road next to the souviner shop the exchange rate is (well was when we were there in March) the exchange rate at TTR was only 10.70 and across the road it was 11.30

7. sillyleo

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Hmmm. Guess that is worth checking out then. When we were down this time, I had already exchanged in FL but the TTR desk had the same rate as Wells Fargo. We will likely just take US money next time though. Not sure yet.

8. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    We found USD to be the best except when we went to Isla Mujeres. Every place we went would take dollars but would give 10:1. And we never saw a cambio.

9. redmuller

redmuller Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0
    she still is i gave her a couple shots of 100 proof and she thought I drugged her cause it f her up so much

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Should we send out a search party for Sillyleo?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice