Sick @ TTR Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Donald, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Trav1

Trav1 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    It was such a drag! We were both ill, like really ill to the point we needed anti-biotics from the Pharmacy accross the road, but they did the trick...shame we only found out you could buy them over the counter after being sick 5 days huh...! This time for sure, will be better! :)

2. Just Jeff

Just Jeff Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0

Those skimmer glasses ARE the clean glasses!:icon_biggrin:

Jeff

3. Redandbigdad

Redandbigdad Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there the same time and my wife got real sick also and still has not got over it, upper respitory went to dr. and still not back to work. We still had a great trip can not wait to go back.

4. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Could be :doh:

5. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    Ok, not going to go on a complete professional rant here but - please, please. please DO NOT self medicate with antibiotics. We can't, as we can't buy them over the counter - thank goodness - how many people take antibiotics for viral infections? Useless. How do you know what bacteria is causing your infection, and what antibiotic will be effective? And this over and misuse is the very reason that we are now in the global situation of muti-resistant organisms causing widespread infections issues (MRSA, VRE etc) and one day, soon, any antibiotics we do have will be useless. STOP IT!

(Tequila please!):daisy:

6. bobby slack

bobby slack Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    sorry to hear.......have had same everytime ive been.....another couple friend does not ever turn on ac in room and thoroughly bleaches everything....always get 3rd floor room...mold far worse below.... it works

7. chris-n-allison

chris-n-allison Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    YES!!!! GoGoBLANCO!!!!!!! You go girl!!! (Your name is especially fitting for this post!)

The only time it is typically recommended to take an antibiotic in preparation for travel is when you are traveling into an area affected by Malaria....TTR / Cancun is NOT in a malaria area. Most illnesses at the resort are viral and antibiotics will not help. Take some meds with you that can treat symptoms and most importantly....WASH YOUR HANDS!!! Most healthy people do not need to take antibiotics with them. If you have a chronic condition or take medications which affect your ability to fight infection, you should discuss your travel with your physician prior to your departure and follow his/her advice.

Some things that are a good idea to pack: hydrocortisone cream (for bites/itching), anti-fungal cream (for athletes foot/jock itch), triple antibiotic ointment (for cuts/scrapes), bandaids, Imodium or Pepto (for diarrhea), benadryl (for allergic reactions), Tylenol or similar (for fever or pain), your favorite cold symptom medicine, and aloe (for sunburn).

Just my two cents! ;)

8. MelnReg

MelnReg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    We were there in Nov and last week in March. I don't usually get a cold but these last two trips I got a MAJOR chest infection too. Heavy antibiotics and puffer for weeks to clear it up. Had to be something there. I blame the AC ducts too. God only knows what lives in there!

9. Spyre

Spyre Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

That's actually where the entertainment staff lives!

10. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

We had a Gecko in our ceiling light , we named him Jim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice