Sick @ TTR Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Donald, Apr 29, 2014.

1. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    I guess I have been really lucky. The only sick I have had is self inflicted!!! we also bring Imodium, sinus, allergy, pepto, ect. little things like this so we don't have to go searching for it. plus the pepto stuff they had at the resort store was very expensive! bring your vitamins, take them. stay hydrated! Lysol is a very good idea. use hand wipes on the plane!! very germy there!!!! sounds as if a few people on here have had some major issues with ac. if you get sinus problems, breathing prob. whatever take their advice just to be safe. then go have fun!! because there sure is a lot of that to be found!

2. Plsremembermy

Plsremembermy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing

3. SEDUB

SEDUB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    If you complain of a stomach bug...I am guessing you mean cramps & diarrhea, maybe even a little nausea. That is a result of a parasite typically found in water systems south of the border. While most resort's water is typically treated water to destroy the parasite, it doesn't mean that fruits and vegetables coming have been washed with or grown with treated water. Hence the illness, that grows increasingly worse over time. So, what can you do? There is a pharmacy directly across the street from TTR. Go inside ask the pharmacists for medication to treat the symptoms. That's exactly what we did, "Treda" for the cramps / diarrhea and "Zofran" for the nausea...no prescription needed in Mexico...they will tell you the dose to take and sell it to you. Treda is $5-$10...Zofran is $75. My wife was back to 80% within a few hours. We were out until 2:00 AM that night, and she rocked my world!

If it's really bad...you may need the heavy duty antibiotics like Cipro or Levaquin...those come with a lot of side effects...so buyer beware!

As for upper respiratory issues, running an A/C super cold in a warm humid environment...is the perfect recipe for MOLD. So, having no idea of who had the room before you, let alone the temperature they like to set the thermostat...bringing some lysol and spraying it into the intake and return might help.

Hope this helps...

4. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    This thread is from 2014 but may still be relevant, as there has been a few recent reports of illness.

I even got a PM from someone warning me ( a lot of sick people there now) cause they knew I was going there, but didn't' want to public ally comet because of negative come back so often associated with such comments.

That said we are still going and will be careful to wash hands and bring Lysysol . maybe even build up on vitamins :) ,, and avoid sick people .

5. mtl2

mtl2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Yup, still relevant in March 2016. We just got back. We heard lots of hacking and it hit us on the last two days there. We bring mugs too but its still hard to avoid cups in the buffet, bartenders fountain jets and mixer spoons etc. We have spent the weekend resting to get it through our system. We thought it may have been the AC (maid always blasted it cold) but its more likely a virus.
    I tried to kill the sore throat with Tequila shots....didn't work. Good luck... hope it passes for the April folks.

6. Chill-ary

Chill-ary Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    These posts have me a bit concerned. We are looking at taking a second trip late May and now I'm kind of on the fence . I guess i would rather be sick on vacation than sick at home...

7. blizzarduphere

blizzarduphere Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Count me in for upper respiratory ailment. Went 10-17 and it hit me about half way thru. Couldn't stop coughing, lost my voice but kept going on adrenelin. I partied hard so I'm not sure what the cause was. All I know is I never had anything like it before and its not my first time partying hard

8. The White Rabbit

The White Rabbit Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Last two years I've gotten a sinus infection/sore throat. I love you dearly, but this May is your last chance Temptation. Just got back from a week in Jamaica, not even a sniffle. I never get sick, but boom, a couple days after I walk in the door there, sick.

This year I'm going to avoid their cups like the plague. I always bring my Bubba keg, but always partaken in shots at Patty-O's. I'll just bring my own bottle for that this year. :)

Please please please no sickness this year!!!!!

9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    we were ther ( 2 sick trips,, last chance),,,,, we started bringing Lysol and spraying everthing down in the room,, including the intake and coils on AC with fan running and have been better to date :) .
    Also avoid using the AC at all now while we are in room .

Good luck :)

10. The White Rabbit

The White Rabbit Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Yes, unless it's ridiculous hot I don't plan on even touching the AC units aside from to drown them in a couple bottles of Lysol. But who's to say I'm not going to catch it from someone else...

Crossing my fingers, it's good to hear that your last trip went well Donald!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice