Shrimp Bucket soda prices

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Golden, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wanted to warn people who are planning to go to the Shrimp Bucket that each glass of pop/soda is $7.20. The drinks and prices are NOT on the menu. A family with 2 children were traveling with us and each child got a Coke and 1 refill........adding over $28 to their dinner bill. The food and service were poor compared to the old restaurant. I am not one to complain about prices in a resort area, but this was over the top! I will not go back.

2. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is that $28 USD for four sodas? If so... oh my!

Fortunately our son is old enough to drink cerveza if he so chooses. At least down in Mexico that is. Can't say that we have eaten at either the old or the new Shrimp Bucket. But if what you say is true, we won't be starting either. Too many other great places to dine at in Cancun.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  4. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's sounds like a real rip off ... could someone please verify if this is for a regular size glass of soda,
    or was it one of those "yard" glasses?

5. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, it was 4 sodas for over $28.
    They were a large size...not a yard or anything like that. We should have asked since the drinks weren't included on the menu. But we thought it would be around $3 per glass like most restaurants.

6. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sodas

I think Shrimp Bucket is owned by Anderson Group. For that reason, I will tell you the soda price at Senor Frog's. I recently got a Diet Coke at Senor Frog's...just a normal 12 or 14 oz. glass with way more ice than I needed. It was around $4 USD, I think. They have a variety of other sizes that are most definitely a rip-off...although I think a $4 USD soda is a rip-off. I made a point to tell him I only wanted a small, normal-sized drink in a normal glass. I have not been specific in the past and ended up with the incredibly expensive drinks the original poster mentioned.

7. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    We had iced tea at Bubba Gump's at the airport, and then had a refill while waiting to board. $16.40 for two ice teas plus a refill on both. Not sure if I like that business model either.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The Bubba Gump's in the hotelzone is not much better. We were ripped on soft drinks there, also bought a beer (in a can) for 70 pesos and it was the exact same beer I buy in my local store for 6.5 pesos. Wont ever go back there.

9. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :shock: yikes!!!

10. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone give more info about this Shrip Bucket place? I would really like to go.

Where are they located?

What are the prices for food and beer like? Obviously I WILL NOT be getting soda there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice