Should we buy a VIP bracelet? and if so which one?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by FiatCoupeTurbo1, Feb 13, 2007.

1. FiatCoupeTurbo1

FiatCoupeTurbo1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there, Id like to start off by saying a big thanks to the forum, Ive gleaned so much info from here its enough im sure for 5 trips to Cancun!

This is my first post and I dont want to make it too long so ill get straight to the point. We are 3 lads from London UK travelling to Cancun via Miami. We hit cancun on the 4th March and Leave on the 11th March.

My question as you already know is about VIP Passes. Now before you mention it I did do a search in the forum however none of the posts I found seemed to answer our specific needs hence this post.

Our query is quite simple, do we bother investing in a so called VIP bracelet, and if so who do we buy it from, should we bother buying it online or wait till we get to the resort. From my research I have found only 2 companies seemingly selling them online, one is STS and the other is student city. STS is priced at $199 while student city is slightly more expensive from what I can tell.

The thing is, after reading this forum there seems to be 3 views, one is to simply by the bracelet and follow the huge crowds, the second is to wait till you get to the resort and then approach the entertainment officer for the hotel and go with them while the third is to go with the flow and to just buy tickets either at the door or just before the event. We are staying at the Oasis so im guessing we will be surrounded by spring breakers, Since this is likely to be our first and only spring break holiday you will appreciate that we want to have the best possible time.

We are fairly independent travellers and intend to do the sightseeing tours during the day like the Mayan ruins etc. However we are also party animals by night so a good combo of bars and clubs is also a must! If someone could help put us on the right path of how to plan our nights to be above all fun and also economical that would be great. From what I understand, even if we buy a bracelet for $199 and only use it half the time that would be worth it. Of course we intend to tip once in any venue to get a good table and any waiter who is willing to serve us.

Any help and comments would be hugely appreciated, and once again thanks for this informative and lively forum! Its a great way to get excited for what's going to be one amazing trip! And apologies for rambling on for so long, as the sole organiser of this trip you can see I'm anxious to make it all work well!

2. B1baller

B1baller Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm just like you man, I don't know if we should get a party package or not........

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well me personlly I don't get the passes, I would rather go at my own pace and go with the hotels at night..

If you are staying at the oasis I am sure there will be Student City Reps, or STS Reps there to buy those passes from best thing is to read all the fine print before oyu buy them, and talk to people in the hotel and get a feel for who is buying and who isn't

4. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i agree with dream, they dont appeal to me, but since youre staying at the oasis, you might want to consider it? im not sure they do organized trips out as they are so big.

its all a matter of personal preferance and if you like to stick to their schedule

5. FiatCoupeTurbo1

FiatCoupeTurbo1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your replies so far, I take both your points apple and dream. It might just be best to wait until we get there and understand the lay of the land before we plump for a bracelet etc.

The only thing I can think of which was appealing was being able to skip the line and walk straight in, being 3 guys at least initially sounds attractive, esp since I dont think we will get that type of treatment in Miami :mad:

I guess its time for a coin toss!

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

A friend of mine use to be on the Entertainment staff (and another one was the manager of the entertainment staff) and they do have the organized trips to the clubs.

During Spring Break they do have more people going than usual but that can be said for all the resorts that have Breakers. So if you go with them you'll be going with a huge group.

7. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ooooo see, i thought i had read somewhere that they didnt..

good to know!

thanks karan!

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, they use to. But that could have changed.

My friend Lalo who worked there loved it because they made good money in commissions on the bar bracelets during Spring Break.

But he isn't at the Oasis anymore and neither is Enrique (who use to be the manager of the entertainment staff) so maybe they stopped doing that.

9. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hmmm i dunno.

i wish i knew where i read it...maybe i dreamt it up lol

ah well, either way, i say wait to get there to buy said braceletes

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll make a point to find out for sure when I see Lalo tomorrow. He's still good friends with some of the stafff at the Oasis.

I shall report back what I find out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice