Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by paula2329, Jan 15, 2008.

1. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    they do it now... they insert a tiny chip between the dog's shoulder blades. each vet has a scanner that they wave over the dog and the info pops up. I shall do it to you prior to cancun and see where you end up.

2. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It does depend a lot on what kind of kid your daughter is... she'll just have fun and for sure will never forget!!!

3. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as for humans, it's inserted in the calf.

4. AJ0527

AJ0527 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Exactly, if she is like me, "sweet, innocent, modest, shy, and demure" you have nothing to worry about. :)

5. AJ0527

AJ0527 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought they have them bend over?

6. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's just what I told you...

...and your sister, of course...

7. paula2329

paula2329 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What time and what channel is that show on? I watched it once and now I can't remember what channel and time it was....
    I liked it!

8. babyskys01

babyskys01 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How old is she?

9. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What you have been talking abuot is RFID. That can be made into a small dot easily but the scanner has to be within the range of the radio frequency (a few feet) to get any information from the chip. In order to use RFID as locator, you need to build a network of scanners. It's just not possible to do on a large scale. A good application of RFID location system would be tagging products in the supermarket and having a few scanners on every isle so you can easily track your inventory.

The GPS device I'm talking about would be more complicated. You need a GPS receiver to calculate the location info from the satellites (like a Garmin) and a transmiter to send the location to somewhere central. A lot of cell phones nowaday can do this but I am not aware of any commercial product that's small enough to implant into people. Maybe the CIA and NSA has the technology but definitely not something you can get as individuals...yet.

10. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GPS/GPRS is available now, however, it's only for short periods of time as the receiver needs to be continuously charged. If looking for a longer term solution, there's a GPRS unit available which uses the GSM cell phone towers to triangulate within a few dozen meters in metro areas, but will work where ever cell phone signal is available.

I was visiting a company in NC just before the holidays that focuses in this market for the military and public security. As well, there's a company based in Denmark with offices in Chicago that will have commercial applications available shortly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice