Short Critique from Jan 17th through 21st

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Parrot61, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Parrot61

Parrot61 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there from the 17th through 21st. Hotel is nice, sort of the feel of a stateside "W" hotel. Our room was beautiful, RM 125 one of the suites. Hot tub and day bed overlooking main pool. food ran the gambit pool side Mr Wimpy's isn't very good. They need to adjust the menu to their limited cooking facilities or upgrade their cooking facilities. Italian, sushi and Moroccan were very good and the White Box was outstanding. Breakfast buffet was good. Drinks and bar service were great also particularly indoors. Pool deck bar backed up at times thought the swim up bar was typically empty because the water was rather chilly.

Only thing we were disappointed in was the "adult atmosphere". We've been to Hedo II and III, Grand Lido and Grand Lido Braco and several Couples resorts. Last summer we went to Sandals Grand Riveria while staying at the Couples resort to reminisce about our honeymoon 24 years ago and I'd have to say there was more of a party atmosphere at Sandals than at the Viva. Wife was looking for more of a topless environment, didn't slow her down but at full capacity of over 400 rooms rented and less than 5 girls laying out topless, Sandals had the Viva beat in this category too ;-).

We aren't the late night crowd so can't comment about Coyote Bar.

Nothing not to like about the resort but were looking for more of an adult atmosphere by day.

Respect,

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    One of the main things that has me holding onto hope is getting one of these rooms. Do you have any pics? I think I saw it posted that they cost about $110-120 USD a night to upgrade based on a flier that was distributed. Do you mind sharing your cost? Did you upgrade upon arrival? did you get sun on your deck with the hot tub and daybed?

Thanks!

3. Parrot61

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can as soon as I figure out how to upload images. I don't see the "manage Attachments" button below the text box when responding ;-)

4. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Thanks for taking the time letting us know whats happening at the Gov..

5. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    The easiest way to do it is to save them to a desktop drive. Then create an album on your CCC profile page and upload the pics to an album. Note that they will need to be <98 kb for them to upload so you will likely need to resize them on your desktop prior to uploading. Then copy the BBG code at the bottom of the picture and paste it in the thread. Or just tell people to go to your album once you have them there.

There is a more user friendly guide on here that we can find you if that wasn't detailed enough. Thanks!

6. Parrot61

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here you go. Again sorry for the mess we were headed home when we thought we might want a few pics of room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Thanks. Tons of space on that pool deck for more chairs. I don't understand why they don't load that corner up. Could be an amazing spot with the pool on one side, ocean on the other. ugh. missed opportunities

The jacuzzi and deck off the room look nice though. Did you find that there were a lot of people partying out there? Looks like a nice spot to entertain.

8. Parrot61

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No not really. The fact that 300 of your closest friends from above have a great view puts a damper on things ;-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice