Shopping...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by London_niki, Feb 12, 2007.

1. London_niki

London_niki Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello guys,

Ive been reading that shopping in mexico is quite good/cheap.

I was planning to top up on my clothes b4 I go but from what I've heard it seems as though it might be an idea to take a weeks worth of clothes and buy a weeks worht out there (im going for 2 weeks)

What i need to know is;

have you have found the shopping any good? (with respect to finding what you was looking for clothes wise and finding specific shops)

what type of shops? (designer, stalls)

examples of prices (if any)

is it really aimed towards the tourist?? so its all fake and over priced!

also, this is important...... where to shop?? (areas in cancun)

I tend to go for designer clothes to wear of a night but for stuff to mess about in im not too fussed what make it is...

I havent seen shopping mentioned on this board yet so it could be useful..

cheers for any help

Niki

2. Madd Dougg

Madd Dougg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well if your the kind of person who likes to buy and wear cloths from street market type shops then your in heaven!

The cloths even in the normal shops look as if there market shop type cloths too! Its pretty hard to find a shop selling decent high street styled clothing in Cancun.

(or at least thats my opinion - I'm a picky shopper)

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    La Isla mall in cancun has GREAT stores to get cloths, namebrand and other authentics that you wont find any other place!! I have a few button up shirts that are killer!!! One of a kind for sure!

4. London_niki

London_niki Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are they just regular type shops?? with a big varity?

one of the reasons being as its winter over in england its kinda hard to find decent shorts and cool tee's....maybe shirts....

but i dont tend to go for the mad pattern type ones with big printed pics, a nice white ralph polo would be my choice (for example) if you catch my drift...

considering im from england where prices are amost double what amercians pay. if its standard amercian prices then its cheap... any cheaper is sweet.

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    its just like any mall you would find at home, however they have some shops that have their own clothing. Trust me, you cant go wrong at the la isla shopping mall!

6. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wouldn't rely on Cancun stores to get dressed in Cancun...I went into the Zara at La Isla, and they had stuff we have here (trousers, jackets, etc).

Not good.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went shopping one year in the Kukulatan ( spelling?) Plaza right near the Tucancun Hotel. And I quite liked it there

8. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i believe we went there too suzanne... also went to la isla... some nice things in both places

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice