Shootings on Kabah

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Viento, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Viento

Viento Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know any details about the shootings on Kabah this afternoon near the Fitness Gym. It seems here were several people shot by police and apparent criminals around 1:30 this afternoon, maybe in relation to a bank robbery.

2. Viento

Viento Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wire services are reporting that 1 person was killed and 4 wounded in shootings apparently related to drug smuggling on the street in Cancun, including the use of live grenades.

3. Dangers

Dangers Enthusiast Registered Member

In a Little Cafe on the Other Side of the Border
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's more info on the story as it's breaking here;

http://www.oem.com.mx/elmexicano/notas/n556660.htm

The info in this report mentions the capture of a weapons cache, including grenades but no the use of them in the firefight. If I've read this correctly, not by any means fluent in Spanish, the gun battle occurred at SM 44 across from the stadium. It appears the bad guys in this one took the brunt of it and the police have contained the situation.

There's likely to be corrections and changes as the story sorts out later.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Calle Roble is in SM 43, not SM 44. SM 43 is next to Parque Kabah and across from the new "instant" Atlante stadium. I almost bought a house on that street.

Heavily armed Cubans in a firefight with cops, sounds like more of the same mafia crap here. If I had a dollar for every shooting here that involved Cubans...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice