shooting in cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Dec 12, 2010.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I imagine the people who died were targeted- but to walk into a family restaurant where there is a childrens party going on and killing people is barbaric.
    I found out about this 20 minutes after it happened when an English friend phoned her mum to tell her she was inside the restaurant. I have spoken to her and she said it was totally terrifying.They hid under the tables and finally ran to the back of the restaurant realising they could be in a more dangerous position so they climbed over tables to get outside. She said there were many many shots. Those poor kids will have to endure what they witnessed forever.They were attending a special childrens show.
    The reality is most crime stays between criminals however things are effecting normal everyday people going about their normal business.

I am definately more concerned than I used to be.
    Tracey

2. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
  3. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been to that restaurant a few times before. A great family place with great seafood. Very sad.

Also just a few blocks from my in-laws' house and from where I lived for 2 years.

It's usually a pretty safe neighborhood.

I will agree with Steve, though. These people were definitely targeted, no question about it.

4. glamourkrete

glamourkrete Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is there a place to click on the article to read in english?
    thanks

5. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    google translate:biggrinbandit:

6. Hudson

Hudson Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    More specifically, go to Google Translate and enter the website address in the box. The translation link will appear at the right.

7. glamourkrete

glamourkrete Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WoW
    what a wonderful thing you have taught me !
    many thank you's

8. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm thinking that it's pretty safe to say when there is a vehicle and driver outside waiting... it's not a random act. And I agree to do it in that environment is pretty brazen, but it sends a message to whomever these two fellows were associated with.

Be careful in the choices that you make and the people whom you keep close. That is a good piece of advice, no matter where you live.

9. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Every day I take my shortcut along the street that runs by SM 15 at the back of Sports City and VIPs and then around to the bull ring.
    Every morning there is a meeting of a bunch of cops at that hour at the caseta on that street by Sports City. Yesterday morning I went by and no meeting and no cops. This morning I hear on the radio that 4 of the cops are dead and one of them offed the other 3. More here: Por Esto! | Yucatán

I drive by and there is red, crime scene tape around the caseta.

10. 4NSPY

4NSPY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know that little Police post. Stopped there when I first tried to find Steves new place and asked for directions. Luckily that was a while back. Even luckier the cheap GPS systems now work kinda well in Cancun. Seems this type of violence is creeping ever closer to the places we all use daily. Some of the shootings during the daytime too. I remember not so long ago when it used to be out on the edge of town. Bad men targeted - yes. It doesn't make any difference though if you are mistakenly caught in the cross fire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice