shirataki noodles In Cancun?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by violet0905, Jun 4, 2011.

1. violet0905

violet0905 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been trying to find info to find Shirataki noodles in cancun but ...nothing of value , ...anyone else has tried to find them in these parts? Thanks :)

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. violet0905

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Even a Japanese product store would be useful to at least try ...or health food store ...I have found it online but with shipping rates that are just ridiculous ..(40 usd or so) Thanks so much Steve for bumping my thread!!

4. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you have seen it in Japanese/Asian restaurants, then it means that it probably somewhere in Cancun. There is a place on the way to the airport (next to a new Clarion hotel) called "Central de Abastos." Inside of these warehouses, you will find many food service companies that supply hotels and restaurants with products that you won`t find in any stores here. A lot of these companies will sell to the public. You might have some luck there although you may have to buy more then one pckage as they mostly sell in bulk.
    There is also a vegetarian restaurant next door to where the Tapei Chinse Restaurant used to be. If they have the noodles there, then you can try to ask where they get it from.

5. violet0905

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks poco dinero ,i will def try that ! I dont mind ending up with 24 packages of shirataki ,i eat like a cave woman and that is actually what i would look forward to ,if i could just find the damned stuff LOL haha who knows maybe i will have some luck ,why is it sooooooooooo hard to get stuff in cancun!!??lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice