Shipping crate from Miami to Puerto Moreles by Hyde Shipping

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by BiznKitty, Feb 26, 2007.

1. BiznKitty

BiznKitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Although I think the moving with less is best, I don't think my family can move with just our airline baggage. We spent a year and a half in Belize and moved a 20 foot container both ways. That's too much and too expensive.

Our compromise solution is to ship a 8 x 8 x 4 foot wooden crate with just the personal effects that we can't live without. Anyone with any experience doing this?

We will have our FM3 so I'm assuming that household goods won't be subject to customs duty.

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. BiznKitty

BiznKitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, that's helpful. I talked to Hyde today and was told that any kind of wooden crate would probably be a problem with Mexico. They suggested we send a shrink wrapped plastic pallet instead.

We may just need to shed enough stuff so that we can get by with a little air freight.

Thanks again.

4. ExploreCun

ExploreCun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes,

Wooden crates have to be inspected for bacteria I suppose so this would cause a delay. Try using L.A. Logistics out of Miami, 305-600-2064. They put my motorcycle on a wooden crate that had been fumigated for international shipping. Smooth sailing at Puerto Morelos...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice