Shark/ Marlin fishing

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by dobbler8, Jan 21, 2007.

1. dobbler8

dobbler8 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Visiting Cancun end march and looking to do some big fish fishing!!

Lots of choices or anyone reccomend anywehere

nICK

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D I like to fish as well, Last Feb we did a fishing trip that left at 6am. Never will I do that early again. All the guys where hung-over and got sick..But we did get a lot of fish

4. dobbler8

dobbler8 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the help guys

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not to start a flame war here, especially since I know at least one of the members has a fishing business, but the idea of killing sharks, marlin and other large game fish is an idea long past its prime. Even capture and release fishing is traumatic to these creatures and some do not survive the experience. Why not learn to dive and visit the apex predators and large fish in their own domain?

I did my share of game fishing when I was younger, but once I began sport diving and witnessed the grace and beauty of the undersea world, I could never kill another one. There are parts of the world where shark and marlin have become endangered species. Capture weights are down all over the world. There's just no reason to do this anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice