Shark attack

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Apr 22, 2008.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Anyone else heard about this.?
    A man left his family for a swim on the hotel zone this weekend and did not return. The next day his body was washed up on Playa Marlin and had bite marks consistent with a shark attack- local authorities report.Both arms were missing.
    This was not in Novedades but it was reported on local radio and on the radio stations in mexico City.

My husband decided it was best not to tell me but at dinner tonight the whole table were talking about it. - YIKES !!!
    Rgds

Tracey

This

2. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is a little scary. But, attacks are extremely rare in Q. Roo, especially considering how many people are in the water at any given time. Any time someone is in the ocean there is always a possibility of a shark being there. Fortunately, the chances of an attack in that area are pretty slim.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think worldwide there are something like 7 fatal shark attacks per year. It really is extremely rare.

I'll bet it wasn't a shark, it was the mafia, they found a new way to kill people...

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just found this:
    http://www.beautiful-yucatan-peninsula.com/shark-attacks.html

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If that is correct, it makes sense....

Michelle

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, it explains why the press isn't picking it up.

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was in El Periodico and El Que Qui on Monday I saw both articles and it did say that it appeared to be a a shark attack but that they could not confirm cause of death.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A couple of days ago a 14 year old girl got bitten by a shark in knee deep water. This was in New Smyrna Beach, FL about 15 miles south of Daytona Beach. Thank God this kid will be ok, but knee deep water. WOW ! ! !

Too bad about this fellow. I think any number of game fish could have done the damage to the Cancun fellow, not necessarily a shark. But we may never know.

Here is a short article about the Florida incident.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-bk-shark-bite-042108,0,2682564.story

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice