Shared charter fishing

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by SiouxFan, Jan 20, 2009.

1. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone have recommendations for outfitters to use? My wife and I would probably just be looking at a 4 hour outing. Any kind of fish we catch is fine with me, I'm not going to get my hopes up for catching a sailfish. Just the experience of getting out on the ocean for a few hours and catching anything will be a good time.

I just don't want a lot of hassles. We are staying at the Riu Caribe (5.5km). I don't want to have to drive an hour to get to the docks. Likewise, I hope it doesn't take an hour for the boat to get to the fishing grounds. That would take up half of my time on the boat. Of course, if the fishing is that much better somewhere further out, maybe it's worth it.

Any suggestions welcome.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    You might want to check out the fishing trips offered via E Plus. They depart from Km 3.5 so just 2 km from your hotel.

Here's the link

It does take some time to get out to the fishing grounds as the deep water is some way out. But the boats are fast, the view is awesome and the beers come included so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Maybe consider a 6 hr trip instead of 4, the price is only $20 more for an extra 2 hrs.

To get deep water right off the coast you'll need to go somewhere like Puerto Aventuras, but that is going to take you an hour an a half to get there by road from Cancun.

3. bkwoody

bkwoody Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fiching

im intrested in fishing as well. I will be there jan 28-Feb2 im staying at grand oasis cancun. When will you be there?

4. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be there Jan 29-Feb 4. Jan 31 or Feb 1 probably are the most likely dates that we'd fish.

5. bkwoody

bkwoody Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fishing

i will be there on Jan 28 - Feb 2
    I am looking to fish on that friday
    Any intrested I will be staying at the grand oasis

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice