Selling your catch?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Caribbean_Expat, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dorado may be a cheap fish to you, but to poor fishermen in the Dominican Republic, the sale of fish to the restaurant might have brought in enough money to buy his family food for the week. Personally, I am happy he sold it to the restaurant instead of us giving it to the chef to cook that night.

2. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also, if you reread my post, I never mentioned Dorado was an "expensive" fish. Don't think you got me, but that's ok, I don't get you either. :)

3. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL Yes that is true but we do not serve fish that is protected and He releases any Billfish. We do not use nets its one guy fishing with a rod and reel, we do eat what we catch always. I have had a Charter fishing business and the catch is for the client to do whatever he wants, most leave fish as part of a tip but they definitely can keep the catch.

4. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too used to be a light tackle guide in Key West, FL...and the guides at my marina wouldn't even take out a person who wanted to try and pay for his trip by selling his catch. And on sharks? I have eaten the flesh of at least 5 different species, and most all are delicious. But they are a pain in the azz to properly clean, and there are plenty of other good tasting species out there, so why bother the poor shark? They are an invaluable part of the marine ecosystem, and should be left alone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice