Seeking insight on new condo dev. "Amara"& Sen

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Rudyman, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone give me your thoughts if you know about the new condo development Amara. It is being developed by Senor Del La Pena, a name many of you might recognize. Has anyone been to the sight and your thoughts on that. How reputable is Senor Del La Pena as a person and builder/developer? Any and all comments would be highly appreciated.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have not been on the site yet, but have been to several neighboring project sites. I did see that they've already built the gate and entrance to Amara on Lopez Portillo in Puerto Juarez.

Have you been to that area? The area just north of Amara is pretty ugly, lots of old small ugly homes, but since it's so close to the water it's starting to get bought up and fixed up.

The beach near Amara is not as pretty as out in the hotel zone. I walk my dog there sometimes. But part of the reason it's not so pretty is that no one cleans it (it's full of seaweed and garbage). Once La Playa and Puerto Cancun and Amara are done there will be a reason to clean the beach. Also the fishing coop is right there next to Amara, it has a small restaurant and all the boats are moored there, it's kind of messy.

The good thing about that location is that it's probably less vulnerable to big waves in case of a hurricane than places in the hotel zone are. It's in the Bay of Isla Mujeres so it's sort of more protected. And the beach there has been getting bigger in the last few years, instead of smaller like the hotel zone beach.

I think that you've got to go and walk that beach and see the area yourself.

3. Rudyman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your thoughts River Girl. I understand Senor Del La Pena was or is involved in Blue Bay anybody have insight on that or him?

4. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He owns all of the Bluebays his daughter is the director of his companies and yes he and his family are very respected. They are also developing condos on Isla Mujeres.

5. Rudyman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Cunspin for your thoughts, they are appreciated. Anyone else?

6. cbs005

cbs005 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amara Cancun

Hello,
    It is true that the area around Amara is not the cleanest but there is a five year plan to clean up the entire area. We have already seen signs that the clean up has begun. One way to look at it is that if it were already cleaned up the prices at Amara would definitely be higher! I think that the beach at Amara will be much better than any other beach in Cancun! It is deeper than the beachs in the Hotel Zone and the winds typically blow away from the beach and not towards it like at the other end. There are several fishing boats parked down the beach from Amara but I think it gives it some of it's charm. One big plus is that is is within walking distance from Puerto Cancun, where the water taxi's are that you can take to Isle Majeres or to other places. We checked into the reputation of the developer and he appears to be a very reputable person. I don't know if you've checked into Amara or not but if not here is one site that may help http://www.amaracancuncondos.com/. If you'd like to speak with someone directly involved with the developement you can email Minh Ly Quah at minh.ly@grupohp.com.mx or Juan Arroyo at jarroyo@bcbaventas.com. They are both very helpful and can answer any of your questions. We are purchasing a Condo in Bldg. ! and have been down there several times to check on the progress. It's not progressing as fast as I'd like but it is getting there! If you have any other questions you can also email me directly. I hoped I helped at least a bit! :wink:

7. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well my opinion is the prices are not that great for size of units and location. It really depends if you are looking to buy as an investment or to live there though. The prices appear reasonable on the surface, but look at unit sizes and terrace sizes and figure out what you are paying per sq meter. You can get just as good of a deal on bay view grand and the location of BVG blows away amara

http://www.amaracancun.com/

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There was an article in yesterday's QueQui newspaper saying that Profepa (a federal environmental protection agency) has shut down the Amara development for environmental violations.

The article says the developer is still working clandestinely and illegally. It looks like that project is not above board. Here's the article:

http://www.quequi.com.mx/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=70254&z=37

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice