Secrets The Vine.... Alas No Ttr For Us.

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by FirsttimerTX, Jul 21, 2019.

1. FirsttimerTX

FirsttimerTX Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Well, after a looong back and forth, I have been unable to convince my wife to try TTR. Just not her thing, despite my assurances that everyone seems to be very inclusive and friendly even to those not into the lifestyle or the toplessness. I know there are a ton of die hard Temptation fans that will want to continue to tout the resort. Thanks, but its just not in the cards this time.

It looks like she is interested in Secrets the Vine, so I am looking for any pros or cons on this resort. I know it wont have the party atmosphere of TTR and thats fine. So long as its not a boring place. Can anyone tell me what the entertainment is like, the food etc? Also... I haven't completely given up on getting a bit of her wilder side to come out, so if anyone is going to be there in early December and wants to meet a couple that might be interested in a little flirting but "probably" not much more, or at least just some one to hang with for a while.. let me know...

2. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    Why not get a day pass to TTR while staying at secrets? Maybe next time she'll agree to TTR. We're in Cancun 7 days in November, staying at Platinum Yucatan Princess for 4nights then 3 at TTR, cause, well, at our age you can only have so much fun! Plus no way we'd miss a Boobs Cruise if we;'re in cancun

3. P&Cfunandsun

P&Cfunandsun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 0
    The Vine is a nice resort with good liquor and food. The beach is beautiful there. I guess the big draw back is that it tends to be a little quite at night. You may want to consider the Golden Parnassus which is next to the Vine. It's a smaller adults only and the staff is super friendly. It is usually much less expensive to stay there. The drawbacks on the Golden would be a hit and miss night life and the food and liquor are not top shelf. However, the money you save could be used to go off property for dinner and drinks or for excursions. The Hard Rock and the Ritz are both nearby within walking distance to go to dinner or bar hopping. And maybe a day pass to Temptation to get your feet wet.

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    The above recommendation of a TTR day pass would give you botht he exposure to, without being "forced" to stay. It's a great idea.

Secrets is going to be Boring, just get used to the idea. The resort is going to be beautiful, the food glorious, the service above excellent and everyone will be in bed by 9:00 p.m. or so. But, the cab ride into the party zone is a decent nightlife option. Hit the huge clubs if that's your thing, or the smaller ones if you enjoy a bit more convivial vibe.

5. FirsttimerTX

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I think the "exposure" is the problem. I guess the atmosphere is a bit too "open" for her. She just doesn't seem to feel comfortable being in a sexually open environment. Despite anything I say, she thinks that she everyone expects her to be as open as they are. But obviously I'm not going to force anything on her.

I am a bit concerned about what you say about Secrets shutting down at 9. I mean.. we aren't really party types... but we do tend to stay up late. I would hate to just sit around for hours wondering what to do. But its pretty much decided, she will not even look at TTR anymore.

6. TDRobb17

TDRobb17 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    I won’t try to sell you on TTR, but I will say the we had very similar reservations when we first looked at it. We are not in the lifestyle and my wife doesn’t really do topless - but we’re headed back for our 11th visit in 9 years this November.

With that said, what drew me to this post is that we are splitting up our stay this year and doing 3 nights at Secrets The Vine at the end (Dec 5-8). I can’t answer any of your questions about the resort, but if we cross paths I’ll buy you a drink.

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Ah well, I suppose TTR's not for everyone. That's a shame though, as it sounds like precisely the type of environment the two of you would really enjoy.

8. FirsttimerTX

Ratings:
    +8 / 0

Well we will overlap for a brief time... we get there on Dec 7th. Maybe we can arrange a brief meeting. We would definitely like to get some pointers from someone who is familiar with the area. I don't drink myself, just never picked it up, but my wife does on occasion. No reason you can't offer her one...lol

As far as TTR goes... I'm just kind of hoping that this being our first trip down there, she will be eager to come back some time and maybe be a bit more comfortable since it won't be the first time. HOWEVER.... we have a list of places we want to travel that is quite long and Cancun is just the first one on it. Its unlikely we will be able to visit the same areas more than once. We just don't have that kind of money. Maybe I can talk her into just a weekend trip sometime...lol

9. FirsttimerTX

Ratings:
    +8 / 0

Oh well... thanks for trying...lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice