Seaweed everywhere

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Razor, Sep 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Razor

Razor Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
  2. bosfuncpl

bosfuncpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Psst it’s the end of sept

3. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,879 / 9
    You are not showing the photo that you posted that CLEARLY states that the photo was taken in July 2015. Additionally, it sounds as though you were in Cancun at the same time that I was and I did not see what you described. That makes me wonder what your intent is in all of these posts. It appears that you are telling people that they should not go to Cancun.

For several months there have been many photos posted showing bad things happening in Cancun, but many of the photos were old or even from cities in western Mexico. Yes, bad thing do happen in Cancun, but far less than in many US cities where we live every day. When a false narritave is propagated over and over, the logical conclusion is that SOMEONE wants to hurt tourism in Cancun, and they are succeeding! Are you a part of that narrative? Probably not, but when you post old photos or when others post photos from a city hundreds of miles away, it make us wonder what the motive is.

I also understand that conditions just 10 miles apart could have been different from what I witnessed first hand. So, if your intent is just to inform people of your observations, fine. You have done that as have I. On the other hand, IF it appears that you hope to hurt Cancun tourism and the wonderful people who support their families through their dedicated work in tourism, I will question your posts.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  4. Razor

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Not interested in your conspiracy theory...here's a little about me. I have vacationed in Cancun more than any other international destination and I have been blessed to visit wonderful places repeatedly (Honolulu, Aruba, Bahamas, etc.). When I go to Cancun, I usually bring clothing and toys for the children's orphanage (photos below). So please don't accuse me of trying to 'hurt' Cancun. I'm merely trying to make people aware of the situation. There are dozens of recent articles regarding the seaweed problem if you search for them. Done.
    SAM_0039.JPG xx 004.JPG SAM_0039.JPG xx 004.JPG

5. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,879 / 9
    That's good to hear. I'm glad to know that you do care about those sweet people. You didn't come across that way in your posts.

6. Cancunscorpio

Cancunscorpio Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    THIS has been going on since about January 2018 all over the Mexican Caribbean, from Isla Contoy to Tulum , Sian Ka'an and Bacalar/Mahahual . Playa del Carmen has been hit especially hard and a lot local businesses are now suffering.
    I know this first hand cause I do a lot of extreme tours and water activities myself.
    If your interest is only booze and boobs then you will be perfectly fine in a hotel pool. But if you want to explore the sea without seaweed then I definitely recommend Cozumel which does not have any seaweed at all on its west coast.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Razor

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
  8. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,673 / 4
    Hi @Razor . Your charity work with photos above is thoughtful and commendable.
    About the seaweed, would you mind outlining your rationale and intentions in providing these updates?
    Noticed that the RM News story Oct 18 edition, seems to have been actually written 4 months earlier, Jun 22nd. Maybe their Editor was starved for content.
    To surmise what others have said, this is a generally a Cancun adult Resort Forum, and of course, there's no seaweed in the swim-up bars and pools.
    If the seasonal realities of seaweed or occurrences of area city gang/drug violence (a risk in any urban centre) will actually give pause or keep vacationers away, they should probably rethink their travel destinations in any case.
    Looks like local org'ns are on top of the seaweed removal, and perhaps it's also creating some welcomed seasonal or ad hoc employment. Still don't know what positive uses seaweed may have, instead of just burying or burning it as waste.

From one of your links:
    City workers removing 90 tons of seaweed per day
    By Riviera Maya News on June 22, 2018

9. Razor

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Sure, this is not a Temptation or Desire forum, it's a general "Cancun Info" forum. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who get on the Cancun Info forum looking for general information, like bus route info, safety in renting a car, suggested excursions, etc. I'm the type of guy who looks out for others. Information is power. This info might save a family from a disappointing beach trip, where they could choose a better destination until the beaches return to normal. If the beach isn't a part of their vacation, then they know it's not an issue. I know I would appreciate it to help me make an informed decision.

10. bosfuncpl

bosfuncpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    FAKE NEWS

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice