Seaweed being dealt with

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by V, Jul 18, 2015.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I mentioned earlier that Isla Mujeres beaches are not much affected by the sargassum: that's because the ones people go to are not on the Caribbean side, they are on the bay side of the island.

The same is true in Cancun: the beaches on the bay side are largely unaffected by this problem. We spent the morning at the beach today, at Playa las Perlas, which faces the bay and Isla Mujeres in the distance. There was little sargassum. What there was was an ordinary quantity of the usual sea weed which is routinely and relatively easily cleaned up. There were no bad smells.

When you look at this map of our area those beaches facing Isla Mujeres have fared better this year.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@21.122083,-86.8272746,12z

The worst hit area is in front of the Hard Rock Cafe, Playa Gaviota, on the Caribbean side. It is featured in the photos from the Washington Post referred to above. The places we go, Playa Chac Mool and Playa Marlin, are not nearly so bad.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    New beginning

To all who were concerned about the sea grass I have good news: the winds have changed and there is now absolutely no sea grass of any kind in the water in the HZ.

Remnants of sea grass on the beach can still be found in areas where it has not been removed but with the change of seasons here the problem is no longer a problem, it seems.

Yesterday the water was warm, the sea was calm, there was a light breeze and conditions were perfect for enjoying what Cancun has to offer!

3. katiek

katiek Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you V for keeping us updated. I have been debating on whether I am going this year but I think you just helped me make up my mind. :aktion033:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice