Seafood Restaurants in the HZ

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Tbonita, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking for restaurant suggestions in the hotel zone....with good seafood...in particular, shrimp and lobster.

Would "El Shrimp Bucket" fit that description ??

Thanks !!

2. Epic

Epic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ummm Yes & No. Shrimp Bucket is the equivalent of a Seafood TGIF, its good n stuff but not really authentic Mexican cuisine. Good Seafood in the Hotel Zone is scarce, The Good places are in Punta Sam, Puerto Morelos & a couple in Down Town.
    You can get good Fish & Shrimp Tacos at a place called "Los de Pescado" & they have a place right in front of Hotel Presidente. You can also get a Very Good AguaChile At "Las de Guanatos" but only at Playa Tortugas beside the Carribean Carnival Dock beside of what used to be Fat Tuesday. If you go into Town, Gandara & La Palapa are good. They are both beside Costco.

3. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back from Cancun. I ate at Fish Frittanga in the Hotel Zone. It is next to La Habicuela Sunset. It looks liike a little "stand" but if you go down the stairs, it takes you down to the lagoon and there are tables on the sand and a nice bar to sit at. We had a whole grilled "Robalo" and a whole grilled Red Snapper (huachinango). Food was great, fresh and the prices were not bad for the hotel zone. The whole meal for 2 was less then $40.

4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fish Frittanga, without question. Fresh, well prepared food, reasonable prices, great service, well stocked bar and great atmosphere. We're regulars.

5. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Definitely the best place... i remember when it was cheaper and not as nice as now... but the food quality has always been great!

6. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We like JC Captain. It's located at KM 19.5 so a ways down K Blvd but the food is fresh and the prices are decent for the HZ.

Cancun Menus | Seafood: JC Capitan

Another that we like for their stuffed fish is Chocko & Tere's at KM 9 on the heading south side of K Blvd.

7. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks very much for all the responses.

Appreciate it !!!

8. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also went to Mocambo (hotel Zone). Food was good and the view is great. Lots of fish and sefood selections. It is a little tricky to find as it is nestled between two hotels. If you pass Plaza Caracol (going towards El Centro) then you went too far. I beleive it was next to a Riu Hotel.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Although I absolutely love the Fish Frittanga, and probably eat there more than anywhere else in the Hotel Zone, I think TBonita, by mentioning Lobster in her question, may have had something really nice in mind.

For Lobster, my pesos get spent at Lorenzillo's. It is an institution in Cancun. At km 10.5 (meaning midpoint between kms 10 and 11) across from the Gran Caribe Real Hotel. I am a big fan of Lobster Thermador and usually stick to what works. The Lobster Bisque rocks and I have been known to trade some of my lobster for a big old Cocunut Shrimp.

I will add that it never hurts to have something to repel mosquitos when on the lagoon side of the Hotel Zone. If there is no breeze you might be slapping your ankles without some spray handy. Just a thought.

10. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks to everyone who replied.

We went to Fish Fritanga last night and had a delicious dinner:headbanger:.....shrimp a la orange and grouper stuffed with seafood...plus all the trimmings.

Very reasonable too....guacamole/chips/salsa, the 2 entrees, 1 soda, 1 bottled water....$38 USD plus tip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice