Sea Star sunk in front of my house **Pics added**

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Ana, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Hilton Head Mom

Hilton Head Mom Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

It's my understanding that Lissa Chung was pulled under the boat while jumping off the sinking ship. She inhaled so much water that it filled her lungs and subsequently had heart and lung failure. Our hearts and prayers are with her family...How horribly sad.

2. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. Hilton Head Mom

Hilton Head Mom Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for keeping me updated. The interesting thing in the article was that the crew jumped off the boat and went for help???? Sorry, but I thought the crew's responsibility was to stay onboard and help their passengers. They also said a GradCity rep was onboard. It was my understanding that there was no GradCity rep onboard. It's such a tragedy when there is a loss of life when these kids were supposed to be celebrating their High School Graduation.

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your right.....it is SUCH a horrific tragedy! Unfortunately, it's compounded by the negligence of one or more companies & their employees/agents.

It is truly a sad day for all.......

Michelle

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lisa was moved yesterday at night in a ambulance jet to Houston to get better medical care. She remains in Coma and declare with brain death.

Today newspapper states the Lisa was snorkeling when the boat start tu sink and never came back awake, when she was pulled up whe was already on a coma.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for posting that Jim.

Sadly the young lady was removed from life support and passed away yesterday. Her family has asked me to help find a young man who tried to help her, in the AP video he can be seen at the right front end of the stretcher, an African American man in blue swim trunks. If anyone was there and knows who he is, please contact me and I will connect you with the family.

9. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From today news it says that the youg lady was in the water when a rescue boat came near and pass over her.

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice