Scam Alert!!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Curious1, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Curious1

Curious1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    Oh great we just rebooked and that's what we used because it was a link through travelosity. I looked at reviews and they were almost a five star but digging into it I've seen a couple people have the same issue. I figured we were safe because it was Travelocity that connected us through to snap travel. It says we can do a full refund until December 16th so maybe I'll do that and try to rebook again ughh. Thank you for your post.

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    We used snap travel a few years ago with no issues.

3. Curious1

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    Good to hear I did some more research after reading the above and it seems to have happened with a handful of people but for the majority things have worked out. I'm going to plan on calling the resort today to make sure they received our reservation and again the day before the full refund date which is the 16th. Praying and hoping it all works out!

4. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    We had a very similar problem over halloween. Having booked with Alpharooms many times, we certainly didn't expect any trouble, but arriving at the resort we quickly learned that the resort had us booked for the following day. It was incorrect in the TTR computer, and they really couldn't give a damn about changing the booking by ONE DAY either way. It was not a sold out situation, and they could have easily changed the date in their computer, but they refused to do so. Best of all, I had their confirmation email showing the correct days and that everything was paid in full, but they refused to honor it. In the end we ended up having to book another day, and then eat the day at the opposite end of the trip. So damn irritating that we had all the paperwork from them showing the correct dates, and that we were fully paid, but neither AlphaRooms nor the TTR front desk wanted to do a damn thing to help us. This would have been so easy to fix with no loss to anyone, but I've yet to find a manager there that really cared. I am thinking Patrick would have seen this as a no-brainer, and made it happen. You can bet the time share salesman behind us was eager to talk though. I told him to save it, because never in our lifetime would we be buying in at that point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Curious1

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    That sucks it's amazing to me how no one is willing to help and just willing to take money.

6. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    Exactly. It's not like we were asking for a free night. We just needed them to adjust it their computer by a single day, just like it showed on their confirmation email. But they're completely handicapped by believing their front desk computer system is some type of almighty God never to be challenged. They don't realize it's just a tool that needs a person with the ability for independent thought to run it. Hell, even a credit towards a future trip for the extra night we paid would be acceptable. But that requires some forethought also, so it ain't gonna happen.

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    While I agree that it totally sucks, it might not be a "scam." COVID popped a bunch of businesses like the zits on a teenager's face from March to August, and maybe that company was one of them.

Crappy of them to have no notification for people though. The business owes you the money.... just good luck getting at it or the people behind/owning it. That's VERY hard.

8. Curious1

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    This may be the case but what's weird is the day we booked it they confirmed it and then literally the next day canceled it

9. Curious1

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    Credit card company just gave us a credit. So far all is good with new reservation.

10. cancun6969

cancun6969 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We have always got best price when we used our travel agent and have had zero issues as they take all the risk. See you all on the 19th

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice