Save the rich, screw the downtrodden

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by rdubnpk, Apr 1, 2011.

1. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    The Right is wrong, the Left is stupid

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

I have to travel all over the US on business and I can tell you that your sentiment is pretty much where everyone seems to be right now. People are so fed up with both parties. I really think that if a Ross Perot were running now he would win. That is in spite of the fact that the media is so biased on both sides now. This is probably the reason that Herman Cain has stayed up there in the polls. He is perceived as an outsider which is a huge asset right now. The funny part about this whole election is that Romney is probably the most centrist of all the candidates and the one who is in agreement with more of electorate than the others, and yet he is the one who is getting pooh poohed all over the place.

3. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    And Bush II was a conservative???? Let us not forgot the parasite that led us in to this whole mess.

4. Ben & Lisa

Ben & Lisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    How do you figure that Bush was a cause of the problem we are currently in?

5. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Please read any assessment of the Bush presidency by anyone and tell me that he was not a total drain on the economy. Where have you been?

6. Ben & Lisa

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    While not a fan of Bush at all I dont think he was a bad as you think.
    Certainly, I would rather have him in the oval office the Obama. And to blame Bush for whats going on know isnt factually based.

7. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    You can go to ANY internet web site, be it right leaning or left leaning and, if they are truthful with the facts, will show that Bush was a spending machine. He made the Democrats look like spendthrifts. And how does the reckless spending of a previous administration not affect those that come after? Obama gets elected and wham the country is in the shitter?
    Obama may not have handled things the way we all would agree with, but there is no doubt he inherited a country in terrible trouble.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  8. Ben & Lisa

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Maybe if you talking the Daily Kos or Moveon.org. Obama took government spending to a whole new level and keep in mind Bush had to deal with a Democrat congress for the last two years of his last term.
    Federal Spending: Charts on Growth and Trends of Government Spending
    Its called leadership-taking responsibility for the problem and correcting the situation. Obama has shown no leadership and really hasnt done anything other than to suggest more spending.

9. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I wonder if our Republican friends could make a list of what they believe Bush Jr. and his administration did right?

The only thing I hear consistantly is that there were no further successful terrorist attacks during his Presidency.

But what about other domestic and foreign policies? Were his decisions and the actions taken by his administration, on the whole, sound? Did they move the country forward in a positive direction?

I would also be curious to know how they feel about the position of many that the actions of the Supreme Court during his first term election was unconstitutional and illegal.

10. Ben & Lisa

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Brewster, sadly Bush didnt do much right. And as scary as it sounds Obama has been even worse. I lean right and I look back at the Clinton years as good times....
    As for the view that Bush's win on 2000 was unconstitutional. I dont believe that is the case. I think Florida's screwed up voting sytem was the issue, not some pre orchestrated fraud by Bush. For all Bush's faults I dont think being dishonest was one of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice