Sales Pitch

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by California Couple, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    First, you are paid 500 for each certificate you buy and you can only use one certificate per person per trip. Also, each certificate is good only once per year. So a couple who buys two certificates (one for each) gets a total of 1000 back each year. This is a flat rate and it does not matter what you paid for your ticket (even if you paid nothing because you use points) - you get back 500 each.

Second - you do not present anything to the hotel. The Flyback program is run by an independent company. You have to send them your boarding pass from your flight to Cancun as well as a copy of your reservation confirmation from Temptation. Then, you have to wait for that company to reimburse you. Unfortunately, it often takes seven or eight months to get your money, but you do eventually get it. Once you get your money, you must send them a confirmation that you received it or else you lose your benefit for the following year. The requirements are pretty simple, but you must do them in a timely manor (as described in the contract with the Flyback company).

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. SnB

SnB Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,355 / 0
    Thanks for the clear up!!!

3. TonyandLisa

TonyandLisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 0
    Seems like the thread got hijacked by people not actually interested in answering your actual question. That being said..... has anyone ever gotten a black bracelet by negotiating? I've gotten a hundred bucks, and held out for more the next time but didn't do it. I thought about trying for the black bracelets but we've gone on referral the last 2 times. If you do go, let me just say they are good. lol. They lure you in with the friendly cute chic, then the friendly sales guy who makes it sound like they're paying you to go on vacation. Then do your own math (add the all-inclusive fee) while he gets the third guy and realize it doesn't make much sense. That's when the third guy becomes an asshole and tries to make you feel stupid for not buying. It's all sales techniques.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    That doesn't describe our experience at all. But.. I had Stacia with me so they were probably distracted. The O/P didn't get answered because, I surmise, nobody's ever been just "given" a black band for just going to the sales pitch. If they did that and it got out, I bet there would end up being a major pushback from those who did buy in.

That $198/night is pretty low! No wonder people are mad. It really doesn't bother me, as it's still... slightly... more than I pay per night, but way less than the ~$30-~$40 per I had calculated before. That's not where I get my "savings" from as written on above.

You guys know that they started (apparently) offering a program upgrade where if you can find a better deal anywhere else, they'll match it?

I started laughing at that. Only in Mexico would they set up a program to charge you more, so that you could get a price which you'd be getting if you'd not already spent money to join...

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    @Stacia_and_John - the price guarantee in my upgraded contract gives me 30% off the best price I can find. However, it must be for a room only price - it does not apply to air/hotel combinations. It also only applies to rates found not more than 48 hours before or after my reservation is made.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. TonyandLisa

TonyandLisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 0
    I was actually gonna write that if you did get the black bracelet to message me and not post it, lol

7. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    We just got back last nigh making it trip #10.
    When we were hit up AGAIN about doing the "presentation", all I said was, "can you beat $198 a night? Cause thats what we just paid". She literally had no response. End of discussion

Why would I pre-pay thousands of dollars for a room, and then have to pay on top of that again when I stay? Talked to several members who are extremely unhappy with their current situation.

Horrible financial sense. Ill stick with mutual funds and 401k.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. California Couple

California Couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +817 / 2
    My goal for May 23 is to get a black wristband in exchange for a few hours of my life. I’m gonna make them put it on first before I do the presentation .

If no one has done it, I shall try to be the first!

9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    All you have to do is buy in and then like magic it happens.
    Need to give them your credit card first though.
    Don't think they will take your check...lol!

10. Tim-N-Heather

Tim-N-Heather Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +303 / 0
    We’ll be there on the 27th! If it works please let us know via message ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice