Sales Pitch

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by California Couple, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    My guess, just based on what you said about "earning master suite nights," indicates to me that there's some special work in your contract, mano. Benefit of "knowing" what to ask for, I think. When I upgraded, I knew what, exactly, I was aiming to get (major discount at DRM) so I negotiated at and for, that. This was prior to the reno being completed. If I go in there again, I know exactly what they'll be trying to spin to me... Tower stuff, etc. I might upgrade, to get a major discount on the Master Suite at TTR... or the PH, maybe. But that's about it.

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Right Steve has several advantages, as he should, that wouldn’t apply to us. He knows more people than anyone. He can refer more rooms than anyone as a result. And was smart to ensure he got the perks when doing so in his contract. We all aren’t as connected and popular as Steve. :) True story...a reason I didn’t buy in last trip was I frequently get asked, since I am active on here, if I have Referrals. Easy response for me today is no since I don’t :) However, if I was a member I would and I know it is not allowed to peddle them on here. I dont like rules but when they exist I try hard not to break them out of respect. Instead I tell them to PM @Steve
    So in a way I am helping Steve get free master suite nights. Still hoping for that kick back lol ;)

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Ahh! The secret is revealed! LOL!

Still, there's nothing wrong with the Good Old Boy Network working to advantage, in my opinion.

4. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Sam here. Honestly, I never understood why TTR didn't comp Steve and Janet their membership years ago. I was shocked to find that they had to pay for it like everyone else. I doubt that the resort would ever admit to the fact that a significant amount of their success in the last 10 years or so has been because of Steve and Janet, the Boobs Cruise and Cancuncare. In fact, if I recall correctly, insted of embracing them, they even attempted to start up competitors to both entities at times.

Whatever extra benefits they may receive, they deserve them all and more.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. TimAndBrenda

TimAndBrenda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 1
    When we buy from 3rd party discount sites, we purchase using the Resort plus Airfare option. We have found significant savings by doing this vs purchasing the airfare and the resort completely separate. When attending the presentation we had to take into consideration if we purchased the membership we would loose this combo savings. We used nightly room cost numbers provided the "presenter" which consisted of the membership purchase price + nightly AI cost for our usual 5 day trip duration and then added the average ~$900 per trip which airfare averages us. We then compared that combo cost to what we pay on Cheap Caribbean, Expedia ect.

I'm not going to make it easy for you by telling you which way worked better for us because we are all in different situations with different durations in the number of nights we stay at the resort. HOWEVER, when they are throwing numbers at you 100 miles an hours (160Kph for our kind neighbors in other parts of the world) don't forget to calculate this combo vacation savings into your comparative nightly cost.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. SnB

SnB Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,355 / 0
    On the air fare if you get the fly back program with your membership they pay you each $1000 a year towards airfare. Just have to present your air fare expense when you get there I believe. Something to consider as well

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  7. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    You're making way too much sound financial sense. Bow out now. Hahaha.

We are here this week and paid $198 a night. Have talked to several members that are more than pissed.

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    It's better to be pissed on than pissed off.

9. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Some people understand there's a reason they talk so fast in the presentation.
    It's by design.

10. tncouple

tncouple Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +271 / 0
    It make absolutely no financial sense to us to become a member but to each is own

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice