Sales Pitch

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by California Couple, Apr 5, 2019.

1. SnB

SnB Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,355 / 0
    Kinda, we still have a nightly rate we have to pay tho even after the membership is paid for. Along with the nightly rate increasing each year so idk..

2. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    When we compare our AI fees, plus our initial payment - we are about $100-150/night cheaper than what we could get our room for online at any of the discount sites.

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    That's correct. It's more like buying into a discount club, actually.

It works for us, since we like to go to Hawaii and the Caribbean, too... and the SFX perq makes that MUCH more affordable.

But... "investment" isn't the right word.

Well, I guess in the strictest sense of the word, it does. One "can" invest into a business and lose all your money, so sure.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. SnB

Ratings:
    +2,355 / 0
    Well yea we’re members as well, just stating we still have a nightly rate to pay. It’ll take years to actually get ahead in reality after covering the membership. Very hard for some to justify. We went 4 times last year so we getting our moneys worth

5. SnB

Ratings:
    +2,355 / 0
    Quick easy math to help some justify which is what we did. Say the membership depending on level and nights you get etc cost $10,000. Say each trip you save an average of $500 for your stay paying the membership nightly rate vs an online rate. After 20 trips your membership has been covered and you’re zeroed out! Along with over those 20 trips you got the premier perks like premium alcohol, sky bar which we like for lunch n chill, free use of the sauna which we use every morning to detox, butler etc etc. For us we’re young we really loved the resort and we bought in. I had to play the numbers in my head but don’t regret it. Also its a tool I use to get us to go more often....babe I’m paying for this we need to make another trip :p

Just looked up our upcoming stay on trivago. I’m saving $608 for the stay by paying my membership rate over quick online search price

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    If you've got RCI and/or SFX with your membership, and you... say.. want to go to Maui for a week, just for a change of pace....

You could, for example, instead of getting a room for ~$500 anight at the Black Rock Sheraton at Lahaina... you could get a 1 bedroom condo (or even a 2-bedroom, 2-bath condo) in Kihei, still Surf Coast on Maui for $500 for the WEEK.

Nothing on Maui is all-inclusive, so your eat & drink is a wash, but just for the room you save three grand (~$3K). Savings add up Quick, that way.

And if you want naked party time, there is Little Beach, just sayin'...

7. SnB

Ratings:
    +2,355 / 0
    We did get those, haven’t used them yet but really need to check into it for sure for sure. Msg us places you recommend in Miami if you don’t mind, thank you

8. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    I don't want to belabour this point too much, so one final analogy. I look at it like my business. If in the course of my operations I can buy something that will save me expense (money) over time on something I'm doing frequently and the more I use it the faster I get my upfront cost back, that's an investment worth making.
    That said, if you get a good membership cost and intend on going 2-3 times a year - it's worth it (not even considering the perks).

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  9. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Oops... can't really help much there. We've only been to Miami one time, for an afternoon. No clue what sort of fun can be gotten into there. Well, we've seen the movies, but...

If you want to talk St. martin or St. Barth's... well, that's a different story! Used SFX multiple times to get thereabouts.

10. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Except for that AI fee, which is more than we usually pay for everything.

But I would not encourage anyone to do anything that is taking advantage of the resort. We have been there 19 times and they have never taken advantage of us. I would encourage everyone to listen to the presentation once and then you will have a better idea of what it is about. I would not encourage to buy on your first presentation. We have many friends who are members and love it as well as many who are members and want to get out of it, so just don't make a decision under pressure without the opportunity to think it over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice