safety

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Daneboy, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Daneboy

Daneboy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are there any issues with safety in cancun city ?

2. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just be careful, dont drive, dont get to drunk outside the resort, thats about it. Terry

3. momo14

momo14 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if you're talking about the club area - you'll be fine. I partied and even traveled on my own on the bus back to the hotel last week when I didn't want to hit the afterhours with the rest of the ppl I was with. Just don't be hammered - stick to the bus instead of the taxi if you can, and you'll be just fine!

4. C5xcitmt

C5xcitmt Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone every wondered why the US doesn't post travel advisories about NYC or DC or Miami? It just seems funny to me that the crime rate is higher in these cities than in Cancun (don't quote me on that b/c I haven't done my research).....yet there isn't a travel advisory posted for these cities....hmmmm

Anyway use common sense and you'll be perfectly safe in Cancun. Your biggest fears should be the taxi and bus drivers as they are a little crazy, its amazing how they zip around town and in and out of traffic. Oh, I forgot the over consumption of alcohol.

5. cheribeth

cheribeth Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back and we used the bus.. It seemed very safe.. I now have a better understanding of why places like Mexico get a bad rep.. The people there try to you off so bad.. Espcially when using American money.. 3 or 4 times, we were given the wrong change, and when we would call them on it they would say, oh we made the mistake here is your right change.. Any way.. We always felt safe.

6. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I plan to use only Pesos for this trip ( except to tip with) because of the exchange rate. Did you have a good trip? Are you now hooked like the rest of us? Terry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice