Running and Newbie Primer

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by spunky, Dec 12, 2008.

1. spunky

spunky Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never even been to Mexico. Reading Tripadvisor for destinations/resorts, found positive reviews of Temptation and references to this forum.

Have seen mid-priced packages for Dec. 27 --> Jan. 3 although I haven't booked yet... but expect I will ASAP. Has anyone booked through this site's administrator (Steve?) and saved?

There's a CDN$530 upcharge for staying single. Suppose this is reasonable?

...And being single, I thought I might be looking at the wrong place as most avatars and nearly all promo shots are of suspiciously-happy couples. Postings on this forum assure me there's a mix... but as this is New Year's week, I am wondering the ratio of couples might be higher than usual?

In brief windows of sobriety, I thought to do some running. Are there trails, running groups, or races? Runnable stretches of beach?

What excursions or other activities worth looking into?

Other tips? Stuff to bring?

This has probably been asked a lot of times, but I didn't see a forum search feature.

2. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yo

Hey Spunky PM me if you can

Later
    Nick

3. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Hey Spunky;

We're heading down from the island on the 27th as well. We are a couple, but I assure you there is a fair amount of singles as well...even over NYE.

I run as well but I tend to do it in the morning and in the gym...before it gets too hot. You will see alot of people running outside though, some on the beach and some along the walking path near the road.

Sorry, not much help but I can tell you with the weather they're forecasting for us I would much rather be in Mexico thann at home!

Diana

4. Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check with Mario in activity's he has taken up running and I am sure he can point you in the right direction.

I have never actually booked with steve but I here it is the way to go..

Hopw that helps a dont forgget a trip report when you get back

HAVE FUN

5. mikeandlaurie

mikeandlaurie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

Running isnt a problem if you go early in the morning.There is a pathway along the road side that's not too bad. Beach is a little difficult to run on where the resort is located. Better off doing the path. If i remember correctly it has the distance clearly marked. There's always the gym too. I find the bus pollution a little hard on the breathing so best run outside early morning. Enjoy your trip. We have been twice before and are heading back end of the Jan. We have made some great friends there. You will have a great time.
    Laurie

6. Steve and Kim in Ohio

Steve and Kim in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try using the search feature at top of page you'll find many posts on the subject you are looking for.
    Enjoy.

7. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    There is somewhat of a running trail on the main strip. I prefer to run on the beach early in the morning. The beach can can be a little bit of a challenge to navigate but I am a diehard for the sand.
    :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice