Rumor…?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by D&T, Jun 9, 2021.

1. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we generally always have a table so if we make friends with you in the pool we invite everywhere ..hey wanna have dinner .. hey wanna hang out with our table at the party .. its not like it costs us extra lol goes right along with hey wanna shot hehehe
    so just talk to people at the pool during the day and be a hanger onner at night lol

2. JandCfATL

JandCfATL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    Just got back from TRR last week and the vibe has changed. Pool area and Bash is one big money grab. It seems they're going for the one and done youngsters that are flashing and blowing cash like they're in Vegas or South Beach. It is very hard to get seating around the pool if you are not an early riser. Don't get me wrong, TRR is still what you make of it and it is definitely a good time. We are going back in July. It's just that the vibe is changing and the crowd is definitely changing. While I enjoy all kinds of music they definitely went to the raunchy rap way to much at the sexy pool; maybe I'm just getting old because I do not find all the twerking sexy at all and there is way too much now. At times there is a house party vibe at the sexy pool and definitely more rule breakers now (i.e. picture and video taking and marijuana). On our trip some/few pushed the limits of good taste and respect.

3. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    My life motto.......probably why I'm still single :D

4. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We were there in March 2021 and noticed this exact same thing. Young, hip guests with cameraphones seemed to be in the majority. Some of them were unfriendly, others were downright rude. For example, I noticed 3 of these younger folks getting together to talk. This was in the evening, at Bash. One girl sat near the DJ stand and the other two sat at the edge of the Bash stage. If you know the layout, the Bash stage is curved and almost touches the DJ area; the space between is pretty narrow. But these 3 folks were SITTING there, across from each other so their knees totally blocked that narrow path. I was standing nearby and saw dozens of guests ("excuse us") squeeze through and they didn't think to move. What really irritated me was the the drink girls, with trays of drinks in their hands, also had to squeeze through them. The kicker was on that night, one of the playmakers was on STILTS and even she had to ask them permission to pass. I mean, any ordinary person would say "Oh, I'm so sorry, let me move or sit elsewhere" but these 3 were just sitting there, blocking traffic for quite a while.

That was just one example. We also saw a fistfight (hello!) one night which thankfully did not escalate further. We also smelled some sort of drugs (weed? crack?) that we normally wouldn't notice at TTR.

We've been going to TTR since 2013, usually once or twice a year and we are definitely noticing this "trend" as well.

5. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    Was hoping our experiences in May ( Trip Review May 19-30 )were the exception? Guess not?

6. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    I feel like we would get along because that would annoy the heck out of me too.
    It's a shame if the big long tables are gone, back when I was still on my second or third trip to TTR, these tables helped me get to know so many people! Particularly when there was lines of shots along them, or I'd pull out the 'dice game' that only works with a good long table.

7. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Oh it irritated me/us so much! I felt like saying "Have you any decency?" but I am not one for confrontations.

When was the last time you were there? We thought we might not go again after what we saw in March but we are slated to go again in August. Hopefully it's better then.

I am not familiar with the dice game?

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I honestly don't think it's going to get all that better until all countries are traveling like normal again.

9. Trish

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Last visit was way back in November 2018. We skipped 2019 because we were saving for our 'once in a lifetime' trip to the US...then covid happened and all that got cancelled. To say I'm ready for a visit is an understatement!

Dice game - you basically have 2 dice and you need about 10 people. You give one person a dice, and someone on the opposite side of the table a dice. They then have to roll the dice, until they hit a 6. When they hit 6, they give the die to the person on their right, and then that person has to roll until they hit a 6. This goes on until a person ends up with both dice. If they end up with both dice, they have to take a drink/shot. You then start again. It sounds stupid I know, but when we played this at TTR it got super intense, particularly if it ended up being the same person getting both dice and having to take multiple shots haha.

10. Trish

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Also, the game gets REALLY FUN if you make it a shot/drink that nobody wants to drink. At a party back home one time, we brought this really disgusting blood orange liqueur thing for the shots, and it certainly made it more intense when you see that second dice making its way towards you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice