Rules changing at Temptation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by miked, Aug 26, 2008.

1. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have seen some of the rules are changing at Temptation. As of Aug 28 all rooms are non smoking, as well as all indoor areas. Also all but one resturant you must wear slacks, no jean,shorts,sandel, or t shirts. Anyone that has been recently that can elaborate on changes since last year would be great help, for those of us going any time soon. Even us repeaters need to get caught up so we can pack accordingly.

2. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this on thier website , How did you find out ? I really don't want to wear slacks in Cancun , it's so hot !!!

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Don't know about the smoking rooms but the dress code has been in place for years. They have always said no shorts etc in the specialty restaurants.

Jamie

4. Harpers

Harpers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From being there in June, they already sort of had a no smoking rule in the bedrooms. they did not provide any ash trays but you could call down and ask for 1 to smokey on the "balcony" if you get the drift!

You could smoke in the resturants, but you had your own "social Leper" section to do this. But no smoking in the sports bar or Nice Shoes!

Anyway it is a bad habit and can kill!!!!!

Oh what the hell I am middle age and would rather die before i start smearing my own faeces on the wall, so light up a fag and enjoy!

5. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    am really happy for all of you that have kicked this nasty habit....I have tried many, many, many times...still no luck. But my husband will NEVER stop smoking, and I am not going to tell him before we go that they have made almost the whole resort non smoking, he will not want to go back. Since they made all places here in Illinois non smoking he hasnt been out at all.........*sigh*
    I know, I know, sounds like I am whining, and maybe I am, but I know he will not want to return if he cannot smoke...

ohhh well, at least we have this year....LOL

6. j3

j3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    Can you smoke out by the pools?

7. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    J3.... Yes.

PJ.... Chantix.... it really works in killing the addiction so you only have to work on the habit.

Jamie

8. j3

j3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    Thanks Jammie, I thought I was going to be a sneak. ha ha !!!!!
    This is our first time at TTR, I have read a lot about it and I think we will have a killer time.We are goinig in late sept, and we invited some friends to also go with us. My wife and I most of the time go solo and she is a lot more at ease with the topless but after some power drinking I think it will all be good. Thanks for the info and have a great day!!!!!!!!!!

9. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just wasn't sure if they changed it so that you had to wear shorts for lunch in el embarcadero. That would suck bad.

10. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I think what they are trying to say is that the dress code that has been in place for years is really going to be enforced. So if you want to eat in the specialty restaurants bring a set of long pants. Change back to your shorts after dinner. I mean I know you’re on vacation but they are trying to make it a little special. It’s not like they are requiring coat and tie. I’m sure there are plenty of restaurants at home that you wouldn’t walk into in shorts. But people vacation in your town all the time. Using some folk’s logic, they should be allowed to wear shorts and tee-shirts there because they are on vacation. Since all of them are now air conditioned I really don’t see the big deal of having to put on long pants for a couple of hours for a special meal. There has got to be more important things in this world to fix other than that. But if it means that much to you not to wear long pants, Embarcadero is always available to you.

Embarcadero has always asked that you wear a shirt or cover-up in the restaurant during the day and not to come in wearing wet suits or put a towel down if you do. Just common courtesy.

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice