RPLA and other Questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by 85CJohn, Oct 9, 2007.

1. 85CJohn

85CJohn Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,
    My wife and I will be staying at the RPLA from Oct 20-27. We can't wait. It's been 10 long years since we were in Cancun.

We've got the Cancun and Isla maps and the 2 for 1 card.

We are planning a day trip to Isla and we're going to do it without a tour. I've been reading about the locals ferry from Puerto Juarez and that sounds like fun. Once we get there, what is the best place to get a golf cart?
    Is there a good Local(food) restuarant?
    Where is the best place to park and hit the beach for a few hours that has changing rooms, towels, drinks, chairs?
    Is it safe to leave your golf cart alone?
    Any other Isla tips would be appreciated.

We are also going to the Market 23.
    Where is the best "street" food? I want to get some freshly caught fish tacos or other local food while I'm downtown.

One of the nights, I'd like to take my wife out for our 10th anniversary. We both love lobster. Where should we go that has good atmosphere and is reasonably priced?

At the RPLA,
    Is there a schedule of the nightly entertainment?
    What about a schedule of the nightly food themes?
    What's the best room or floor? We are supposed to get an upgrade to an ocean view jr. suite(from Orbitz).

Thanks in advance for all your tips and answers.
    John

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Since you're staying at RPLA then I would take the ferry from the Xcaret terminal right next door instead of trekking down to Puerto Juarez. The ferry ticket might be a little more expensive but will save you time and once you factor in the transport costs to PJ then possibly money as well.

For golf carts they are all pretty much the same, same price, same speed etc nothing I could suggest to choose between them.

Lots of restaurants on Isla, again there's not much to choose between them - or at least I havent dined at any particualr one to make a recommendation above others

North beach is the best place to relax for a few hours, they have all you need except maybe changing rooms (you can always use the bathrooms to change if you dont mind)

You'll be fine leaving your golf cart unattended, just make sure you take they key out :)

Please see my Isla Mujeres page for more info:
    Isla Mujeres

Can't help on the "street food" question I avoid it myself :)

Since you have the 2 for 1 card then maybe Lorito Joes for your Lobster Dinner, although 2*1 is only on Fridays they do have a $39 all you can eat buffet including Lobster 7 days a week. More detail at
    Participating Restaurants

Hope that helps

3. CancunChica

CancunChica Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, we stayed at RPLA 2 years ago. It's a really nice hotel! Yes there are schedules of the nightly entertainment. We missed the "Grease" show one night and were able to go next door to the Riu Cancun to watch it. Unless things have changed, if you stay at the RPLA you have access to the Riu Cancun also. After the shows, there is a nice lounge on the 1st floor for drinks, or the Riu cancun has a small disco, or you can go to clubs/bars with the hotel entertainment team at about 11 pm. We chose to do this twice and enjoyed it a lot.

Besides the a la carte restaurants, which are excellent, there is the buffet and i remember at the time they had a theme each night like Italian or Mexican or Seafood. It was really good as far as buffets go!

Not sure about the rooms, we had one on the 2nd floor and used the stairs as it was faster than the elevator. We had a partial ocn view, i liked the rooms a lot, and they are quite roomy w/ a living area too.

4. 85CJohn

85CJohn Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies.

John

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice