Royal Mayan is NOT Re-Upping

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jeff and Bob in Haverhill, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Jeff and Bob in Haverhill Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone!
    I just read that the Royal Mayan will not re-up like VCI did, but it will be sold to another developer. Has anybody else heard this? We really love the Royal Resorts and were thinking about buying into the Islander in the next few years. If the Mayan is going to be sold, I would assume the the other tri-royals will be sold when their leases expire.

2. Riggo

Riggo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where did you read that? Why would the Royals be playing their hand 5 years out?

3. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we were at the Sands this past February, we had heard from a few of the staff that they did not think they would renew. I was on TUG.com and saw a posting that said that Mayan owners were invited to a meeting in June where they were told that the Royals were already getting offers for the property that were too high to pass up. I guess it is already posted in the members section of royalresorts.com.
    If they are going to sell the Mayan, I would hazard a guess that the Carib and Islander will also be sold when their lease is up. Too bad - it'll be the end of an era. We'll probably look at buying into the Sands at some point instaead of the Islander.
    Do you own at the Royals?

4. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oops! I meant tug2.net

5. Walshlaw

Walshlaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I own at the Sands and have not heard anything over the past few years about the Mayan being sold to developers. I hope that is false rumor.

6. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hope it's not true also! Last year was our first time in Cancun and we stayed at the Islander. Loved the Tri-Royals and the Sands (stayed there this past spring). It would be a shame to see the Tri's go.
    If you're an owner, I heard that there was a posting on the members section of the Royal Resorts web site. If you can, would you check it out and let us know?

Thanks!

7. Riggo

Riggo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It all falls under the category of rumor and speculation at this point. We heard the same kind of crazy conjecture when the VCI trust was up. As we now know, almost all that was reported was false.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice