Royal Islander Questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by siki00, Apr 9, 2007.

1. siki00

siki00 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all,

We will be arriving on 4/21. This is our first time to Cancun. I have been searching and reading for days. I still have a couple questions.

I know it is best to convert our money to Pesos. Can we do this at the hotel or is there somewhere near by we can do this? Does this hotel have an ATM?

Is there a bus stop near the Islander? Also, we are thinking of renting a car for a couple of days. Does this hotel have a car rental on site?

Any other information is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Michelle

2. JoanL

JoanL Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michlle...you may change your money right at the resort as they give almost the same as the bank...they have a trolly that take you down to the bus stop also have a shuttle to all the other Royals...since they have a new timeshare be careful of the sales pitch and don't buy not even a resale from them as you can get it on line a lot cheaper...yes they do have car rental but thet are all epensive might be cheaper to go through Vic or Brant for a van rental with driver

3. siki00

siki00 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you. Do you know if they also had an ATM on site?

Thanks again. :D

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As far as getting to the hotel from the airport, the Royals use a dedicated service (Thomas Moore, I believe) to provide their members direct transportation and the best price. You can find them easily at the airport, and you might/probably should call ahead so that they expect you and they will make it easy when you get there. (This is a good thing!)

On money exchange, at the Royals, money exchange is done at the front desk (and recorded and you get a reciept for each exchange).

In addition, the Royals are cashless, so anything you buy there will get charged to you at your room.

[Note that it's possible that you'll hear a huge hue and cry here about exchanging money at your hotel -you can ignore that, as it will be from folks who stay at hotels which take advantage of their guests through an unfavorable money exchange. The Royals will exchange your money at par, and in my experience, have actually exchanged to my benefit as when I ask to be sure there's bus money in the exchange, they've made the exchange and then simply added on the 13 pesos I need for 2 of us to take the bus.]

For things you don't buy at the Royals there are ATMs all over the place, so the only pesos you'll really need when you get there are for luggage tips and such, and people are happy to take dollars for this as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice