Royal Canin Veterinary Diet in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunWordWhiz, May 2, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I extended my lab's life for several years, I believe, by giving her glucosamine. When we would run out of it she would stiffen up, when we'd get more again she'd be able to walk easily again. She was a big dog (over 75 lbs when she was in her prime).

She started limping after long runs with me when she was about 8 so we started her on glucosamine then and I quit the long runs with her. She lived to be over 15 and I'm certain the glucosamine was a major factor in her mobility in the last half of her life. Pobrecita.

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have just switched to the Kirkland Super Premium Lamb and Rice for our two Pitbulls and they love it. I used to raise Rottweilers and only fed Diamond brand food in my kennel, so after I seen that the Kirkland is made by Diamond we made the switch and will only feed that as long as they carry it here. I only wish they had the Chicken and Rice too so we could alternate.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Mundo has s place on La Luna close to Nichupte.

Trina - si o no?

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is that right Rivergirl. My Golden is now limping after our runs. I never thought of giving her that. Another thing learned from this great board.
    I will have to pick some up on my way home tonight. Goldens are sort of prone to hip troubles and I thought it was probably that. It still could be.

5. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 2 Goldens that will be 15 this year and a 3 year old I have been feeeding them Kirklands brand since Costco opened as well as they're Mom/Grandma who passed away at 15plus. Up untill lately I gave them the Lamb and Rice but now I have been alternating with the Chicken for Mature dogs.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gonzo - My dog was actually half lab and half golden, she was like a black golden, long hair and everything. She was gorgeous. I'm telling you try the glucosamine, you'll see a dramatic change after just a week or two.

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The human market for glucosamine was started by veteranarians who were taking it themselves. Our vet put our huge, 90 lbs. Dutch Golden on it when he turned 10 and started to limp. He stayed on it, pain and limp free until his death at 14 from lymphoma. The vet (my best friend since 1967) and I are still on glucosamine and both our wonky knees are better for it.
    [​IMG]

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That dog is/was gorgeous.

You said:
    I'm having fun imagining you with one knee each...heehee.

My hubby takes glucosamine and it keeps his wonky everything going. Now if I could just convince him to actually stretch once in a while it would help him even more...but nooooo, he refuses.

9. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, he was gorgeous, and smart, and provided us with years of fierce protection, funny stories, loyalty and love. Coming from a German father and a Dutch mother, his gene pool was wide and deep. His light tan color and white face were a result of his European heritage and he always stood out in comparison to the standard reddish American Golden.

As for the Doc's and my knees, we have one bad one each and one good one each, for a total of four :D .

10. CancunWordWhiz

CancunWordWhiz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glucosamine.

Thanks for the Kirkland's dog food brand Referrals. Can anyone tell me the protein and fat content?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but my two senior dogs (my Dalmatian, age 16, and Beagle-German Shepherd mix, age 11) have some chronic conditions, such as pancreatitis (the Beagle mix), mast cell tumors/allergies (the Beagle mix) weight issues (both), gastrointestinal issues (both), arthritis (the Dally), plus the Dally has a severe heart murmur, low thyroid, and Addison's Disease.

So, it's especially important that I find an easily digestible formula, hopefully without wheat or corn gluten, and very low in fat and lower in protein.

Geez, am I a pain? LOL

Really, everybody, thanks so much for the input. The more, the better. My dogs are truly my "kids."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice