Royal Cancun ***** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Feb 28, 2007.

1. texas2006

texas2006 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Beach seating, etc

DH & I are planning a trip to Cancun this summer & are seriously considering the Royal Cancun. Can anyone tell me what is available on the beach as far as seating? Are there palapas with chairs under them? Are the beds I see in the photographs available to everyone, or just if you book certain suites? Are the beds what they are calling cabanas, or is that something else?

Any insight you can give is appreciated. We pretty much plan to sit & stare at the ocean for a week, so beach seating is important. It will be the heat of summer, so shade is also important.

Thanks!

Stephanie

2. ohtravellady

ohtravellady Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are at the Royal right now. The place is gorgeous. THere are lots of beach cabannas on the beach and around the pool. There are some that are reserved for the Oceanfront Corner rooms and on up. There will be no problem getting one. The towel game is played here quite a bit, we saw people out claiming loungers at 7:00 this morning around the pool. My boyfriend went down around 8:30 and we have a Cabanna right in front of the pool. The service at the resort is out of this world. You will not regret booking here.

Karen :D

3. sdcancunaddicts2

sdcancunaddicts2 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone stayed at this resort recently?

My wife and I will be staying at this resort in Feb. and we are wondering if anyone can give us an update on this resort, such as the quality of the food, rooms, type of atmosphere, etc. Any info we get would be appreciated as we had never heard of this resort and kind of stumbled on it's website and decided to give it a try. thanks.

M&J

4. HOlidaydave

HOlidaydave Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    excellent hotel

You will LOVE this hotel, brand new in 2007, rooms are beautiful, all with ocean view, jacuzzis, full balconies, stocked bar, king bed to die for ...
    Food is exceptional, with an excellent buffet and several a la cartes
    Hotel atmosphere is upscale, not too lively, but great entertainment in the evenings, wonderful oasis from the gogogo downtown.

5. sdcancunaddicts2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks HOlidaydave.

We found a link on Tripadvisor that has a lot of pics. We are really excited to try this resort. Feb. 14th. can't get here soon enough.

6. SunnyB

SunnyB Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Adults Only

I thought we read that the Royal is for adults only so do they allow discrete topless sunbathing in any of the areas? I know some of the resorts in the area encourage it but we are wanting something a little nicer and upscale

7. jeffNalisa

jeffNalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    From what I have read on tripadvisor they do not allow it by the pool.

8. sdcancunaddicts2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder if they would allow topless down by the beach?

JeffNalisa - Loved the Cabo pics. My wife and I were there about 8 years ago and have talked about going back ever since. We had a blast at Squid Row, or as we called it skid row, as it seemed like everytime we went there one of us would end up falling off either the tables or bleachers. We will be at the Royal Cancun Feb. 14 - 19. can't wait as it's -19 again this morning.

9. jeffNalisa

jeffNalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1
    Thanks. We have so many more not so "g"rated ones. Cabo was great but Cancun is just so much more fun.

I'm sure they allow topless on the beach but let us know once you get back. No one on TA.com has really answered the question neither.

10. sdcancunaddicts2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree, Cancun can be so much more fun. At least the night life anyway. This will be our third time to Cancun. Last year we stayed at Aventura Spa Palace which is in the Riviera Maya, just south of Playa. The resort was fantastic, but you are kind of out there in the middle of nowhere so unless you wanted a long taxi ride you were stuck going to the clubs at the resort. That's why we decided to go back to Cancun this year as there is just so much more to do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice