Rooms for rent etc. Advice needed

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Hanna., Aug 23, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You've probably noticed that you haven't been overwhelmed by posters telling you they know where you can find furnished places that would suit you, in the price range you're proposing.

You could check yourself into a hostel when you get here, then start attending every expat get together you can find (you've still got plenty of time to look for them, here, and on other forums). You may find the least expensive option will be to share accommodations with another expat who is also under similar financial constraints (there are some, believe me: I know one, for that matter, but she's 60 something, and smokes. She does like to salsa dance and drink beer, however).

Rooming and sharing apts is not ideal, but it can be cheaper if you find the right option. For a woman, it can also mean just a little higher level of security than you would have living alone.

In any case, good luck!

V

2. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It depends what you are looking for there was a place for long term rental for $200 per month for a room in city. places like cragislist have a bunch. IMO though it will help if you know spanish. If you do a websearch for employment in Cancun in English you get a few hits, now if you use spanish to do that same search on the mexican version of google you get a lot more offers. The same logic applies when looking for apartamentos etc.. use spanish and you will find more.

Also places like hostels sometimes put up rental postings or other notices, check them out if you are in town or ask in hostels they may be able to help, but they may not.

Now in places like Playa etc.. on the upper end there are a lot of nice places, however these options are always better when you have a group of people for time share etc.. lots of good priced condos near the beach. There are quite a few property managers out there.

What is your pricerange? at 380/month there are a lot of places. not sure about furnishings.

Just from a quick search here is one
    Casa Minimalista en Renta Cancún | Vivanuncios

bear in mind it was advertised at 3500mx but it may be a typo.

If you have someone to split costs with you could consider something like this
    http://rentar-casa.vivanuncios.com..../casas.trovit.com.mx/renta-apartamento-cancun

3. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    wow I've been on the ground here, and there are a lot of places up for grabs right now from apartments to full houses.. I was very close to putting down 4000 pesos a month for a full house with multiple rooms, and kitchen unfurnished.. they seem to have been willing to do 3500 potentially... the place would have went for over 10000 in Canada.

Bear in mind they often will want 6 month terms. I am still considering it, but they wanted it to start right soon.. whereby I'm considering it for December. That is so good though like $350 a month plus your utilities for a private house... really damn good imo, that is less than what hosteling would cost..

Sadly I'm waiting for my tax returns.. also I potentially have a term of school starting in january...

4. Art Deco

Art Deco Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As the manager of Art Deco Suites I would like to respond to this post. The gentleman who wrote this failed to mention that he made his reservation 2 months in advance for the height of high season and then cancelled his reservation at the last minute. Meanwhile we had turned away several reservations for the same accommodations because he had a guaranteed reservation and were left with an unsold room for the entire month. As stated clearly on our website, cancellations with less than 30 days notice receive no refund of reservation deposit which is our compensation for lost business and reservations turned away for the same unit/time period. We are consistently ranked in the top tier of Cancun accommodations by TripAdvisor and are scrupulous in returning deposits unless there is cause (which is rare).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice