Rooms for rent etc. Advice needed

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Hanna., Aug 23, 2013.

1. Hanna.

Hanna. Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all!

Im planning to "move" (or taking long-term holiday) for several months at November in Cancun/PDC or somewhere around.
    So please, can someone tell me good websites, or suggest persons etc. where to look at rental apartments/rooms/houses?
    My budget would be around 380 $ for month. I don't need any special accommodations, as long as there is a bed, toilet, wifi, and preferably air-conditioning, also it need to be safety. I can speak spanish only a little bit, so is it impossible to find apartment for this price?
    Also can give some good advice's what to do, im traveling alone and afraid to get lonely lol :icon_biggrin:

Thanks!

2. jayg

jayg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i stay at a place called art deco studios. it is downtown near bus station, restaurants and everything else. apartments are small by usa standards but adequate. the size of a hotel room. small refrigerator and microwave in the rooms. community kitchen, all utensils, bedding pillows, air conditioned. clean. private bath in most apts. washing machine on premise although i took my clothes to a lavanderia. electric is extra. all apts had there own electric meter. owner charges 2 pesos per kilowatt. cost was 445 usd a month for most apts but you can rent them by the week. also had a couple apts for 365 but these had shared bath. you don't need to rent them for a minimum of six months like most places i saw.

3. jayg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    That may not quite be enough money to get what you've said you require in Cancun, which boasts cost of living of 102% that of Mexico City.

5. Jodid

Jodid Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Hanna, do you want to private message me, I will be arriving in November, and may have room, even if it is temporary while you look around.

Jodi

6. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0

I'd be careful if you deal with Art Deco, they are vicious blood suckers when it comes to any issue involving money. I paid the deposit which they advertise as 100% refundable, but after being theived of 13000 I contacted them to inform them I would not be able to take the place, and requested a refund. After some dialogue they said they would refund me if they were given the police report, but after showing it to them, they refused to refund.

The deposit is advertised as 100% refundable but it isn't. From the research I've done, they will do anything to prevent refunding it. They are not honest. The place is ok, but consider the deposit non refundable that is an extra fee for the place. They also switched my original booking on me.

Also while it is advertised as a girls place in part, the place is filled with middle age men.

More or less it is not advertised truthfully, and they will scam you.

But otherwise it is a little more private than a hostel for about the same price on a month rental basis.

Its location is alright though, good spot close to a bunch of places to eat, shop, and not too far from fitness facilities. If it wasn't for the deposit issue, which was principly due to the massive theft I suffered I think it would have been good, but be careful, and don't expect them to be honest, they arn't.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  7. jayg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i got my entire deposit back. it did take a couple weeks before i got the check tho.

8. Hanna.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey thanks for all of u guys! :) Especially canukcun!

Feel like i've been browsing whole entire net but still don't find anything good apartment, so please if anyone have any good suggestions, bring it on.

9. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    No one has mentioned this method, yet, on this thread, but it is the most productive of finding something suitable, where you'd like to live.

Once you get here you visit a neighborhood you are fond of, making notes of signs advertising places for rent. You call, or ask a Spanish speaking friend to call.

This is made possible by the fact that there are relatively modest accommodations you could get to cover the period while you're looking.

I wouldn't say this task is easy, but it's doable, and at least you're coming when it's not so hot! making the treking around town a little easier.

10. Hanna.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes i know that would be the best way, but my Spanish is so poor that i can't do that. Also i don't have friends who would help me there. But that's a good advice, thanks :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice