Room upgrades

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Restling, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    With the reviews getting better it's seems more likely we'll give this a try. How do you go about room upgrades?

Two questions.

What room did you origanily purchase, and how much extra was the upgraded room?

2. Jandbex

Jandbex Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are only 3 room categories

Basic room- balcony room= $22 p night
    Basic Room- Suite (w jaquizzi) = $52 p night

All have beautiful ocean view.

They are called different things can't remember the exact names

As with everywhere you stay it's worth thinking how much time you'll actually spend in the room. For us $$$ better spent on trips etc

Hope this helps :)

3. javacouple

javacouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 0
    We e-mailed Valentina approx. 1 week prior to arrival to let her know we wanted to upgrade to the Sian Kaan room (huge patio, with hot tub and bed on it, overlooking the pool and ocean). When we arrived we were whisked away to the VIP area to be checked in promptly. We paid around $75 US/night to upgrade to this room from a basic, standard room that we booked on Orbitz. We absolutely loved our room and the entire resort! The beach is fabulous!

4. Jandbex

Jandbex Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's alot of confusion, as the website states you get a complementary upgrade to the best available room at time of check in. What it means is the best available standard room, meaning no balcony or hot tub etc.

There is alot of confusion with the offering of this hotel, but at least you know this in advance.

5. Phial

Phial Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In people's opinion, are the room upgrades worth it? We just got an email from Valentina saying that an upgrade to a Spice room would be $40/night from the standard room. I'm okay with spending the extra $$ if it's worth it, but if it's just a paint job and some fancy pillows, I think I'd much rather spend it on something else :p

6. Little Rain

Little Rain Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just there with a standard room and had no issues. I was on the 6th floor and the view was great.

7. okc_mark

okc_mark Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We upgraded to the Newly remodeled room, and it was great!!! And was worth the extra we paid.

Remember, take a Power Strip if you have an extra one at home, it will be handy. And, larger mugs for your drinks, cups they give you are very small.

Also, open the doors to the dresser, that stores your mini frig, it will make a huge difference too.

We left the AC on during the day, but, turned it off at night and opened the huge window. Perfect for sleeping!!!

Have a great trip!!!

8. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    We also upgraded to a balcony room and we were very happy, the upgrade was 130.00 for 5 nights. 26.00 per night. We think it was worth it and still think its the best room we've ever had in Mexico...15 trips.. May 4th to May 9th.

9. Mike and Ang

Mike and Ang Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    Did you upgrade from a standard room? I understand some of the Spice Rooms have balconies and some do not. We booked a Spice and guess we just have to hope for a balcony??? Of course we will be emailing Valentina to see if she can help us get a Spice balcony room, on the 10th floor if they have them.

Next question will be about massage options...I will search the threads, but I do not recall seeing anything about them. In room or on the beach?

10. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    We were booked in a standard room, and because of some of the reviews, the balcony was important to us and we knew we would appreciate a nicer room. (plus we're smokers and wouldn't smoke in a room)

There is a spa in the resort very relaxing and we felt well worth the dollars. As soon as you step out of the resort facing the beach turn left its at the end. As your walking along on the right is the healthy juice bar, a few steps further and on the left is the Spa. If you turn right and your at the party pool.. LOL you've gone the wrong way...LOL
    They offer all kinds of different massages with different prices, we chose the romantic couples massage.. not sure how romantic but you are together through the whole thing.. first is the sauna about 1/2 hr then shower together then into room for the massage, he had female I had male, that lasted about an hour and it was very nice. Then out to the hot tubs, or if you'd rather a cool tub which these are located outside beautiful surroundings.. also looked like there was a sweat hut, I've never been in one but think that's what it was. I think we could of stayed as long as we wanted and there is the healthy juice bar right beside it and they offered to get us something to drink. Like I mentioned before we're smokers so we cut our time short in the hot tub. I guess I would recommend it we really enjoyed ourselves and it was very relaxing.

I think someone else mentioned there is a place across the street to get a really good massage for 40 bucks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice