room and transportation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by PiratePair, Mar 30, 2009.

1. PiratePair

PiratePair Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm getting ready to book our 1st short adult getaway to temptations on April 28 thru May 1st on Expedia. Whats the difference between the Deluxe ocean view and the Deluxe room. There are two "Deluxe rooms" listed. One costs 10 dollars a night more than the ocean view. :-| I'm assuming that the extra 10 bucks will get you a view of the pool.
    Which I here is nice and probably worth it! Forum thoughts?

Anyone have any problems booking Temptations through Expedia?

Do all the rooms have safes? The Deluxe $36.00 dollar extra a night room is the only one that mentions it.

Expedia has an option of a shared taxi for $24 a person. Good deal? Or would it just be easier and cheaper to hale a taxi and be done with it?

What's the way to get back to airport from Hotel?

Can't wait to get there the place sounds like a BLAST!

2. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    We are regulars at TTR, and we always have a great time.

We are Premier members and never have booked thru Expedia, although I cannot imagine it to be a problem.

Ocean view will not likely be ocean side however you will be able to see the ocean from some part of your balcony, and garden view could have a view of the street. You probably won't spend much time in your room, so use your own judgment if you want to spend the extra. Ocean side is very important to us, and that is the primary reason for becoming Premier members.

All rooms have a safe that is about the size of a large shoe box.

We always use Entertainment Plus for travel to and from the resort. Use the link at the bottom of the page to book. The cost is $55 for two, and includes nonstop private travel to and from the airport.

Kind of nice to walk out of the airport and see their rep holding up a sign with your name. BTW, do not stop for anyone as you walk out of the airport. They look official, but are just timeshare hawks.

3. Lh1

Lh1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have used Orbitz, Funjet and even through Temptations directly. Never had any issues OTHER than the last day we are there and we wished we would have booked a longer stay!... Do yourself a favor if you can and don't make our mistake! Book a longer trip!... Go with the cheapest room unless you really need a nice view when you are sleeping, showering or watching ch 12 :) ...... Other than that, you're never in the room. All of rooms have had a safe in it. As for transportation, we've used whatever the above use and again, have never had a problem! Have fun, you'll be hooked in no time! Dec 22nd is our next trip, 10 days this time, lesson learned!

4. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Transfers

I would definitely book your roundtrip transfer right through this site well in advance before you go.... I just returned and we made a mistake of assuming the other person booked the transfer, we got to the airport and figured we would hail a cap....We were told the cabs out of the airport are unionized so it was 60 dollars to the hotel zone..... So we booked a shared shuttle van which was only 15 a person, but it was 90 degress and we had to wait like 40 minutes until the van was full before they would leave the airport , then another 25 minute drive... the cabs from the hotel to the airport are only 25....but do yourself a favor and book it through this site, it will save you the stres and the wait upon arrival , and the last thing you want to do it start your vacation with stress or impatients... Have a good trip.
    Jim

5. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    have used expedia every time we have traveled to bbg/temptations (except this year) and never had a problem - look closely at your package as trandfers (at least for us) both ways were included in our price - i think we used best day every single time

hope this helps

rob and dat T

6. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    I just booked thru Expedia but could have saved $200 by booking thru Orbitz and using BRADSDEALS.COM Coupon. My loss is hopefully your gain.

Transportation=== Entertainment on this page. I used them last year and no issues.

Have fun see ya,

Kevin

7. cormaro91

cormaro91 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked througn Expedia and it got all messed up. They had us booked as a 2 girl couple deal!!! We got it all fixed after a little hassel, but they even gave us a credit for the trouble. The good thing is after they rebooked us and got it all fixed they told us all the girl/girl deals were sold out!!! So there should be a lot of ladies!!! We are first timers and I am sure we will learn more and more each time we go. :D

8. cheribeth

cheribeth Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure if you have ever tried Funjet, or us airways vacations but those are good and included our transfers... If your transfer is included in your trip, then make sure you walk past all the people telling you they can take you to your hotel and find the people wearing uniforms, or that have a sign stating what company they are from!

9. Ms.Lisa

Ms.Lisa Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ditto to all the above posts - we booked through selloffvacations and got an excellent deal. transfers were included - pkg was through Sunquest.
    As for the room and extra cost we took the least expensive figuring we would work it out down there, and it worked. We got a room with a king bed, and a partial ocean view/courtyard. It was right up stairs from Paty'O's which wasn't too noisy (we were there quite a bit anyways but not usually past 1am) and was extremely central to everything. Room #2203. I am a light sleeper but found that after a day full of fresh air, sun and booze I had no trouble sleeping despite the music/partying going on downstairs. This cost me no extra, I just nicely asked Arturu at receotion for a "nice room".
    I really hope this helps I know I was uncertain when booking as well, and really wanted a decent room.
    Enjoy your stay!

10. alainac18

alainac18 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I booked throught Expedia and had no problems. I used Expedia on a previous trip to Mexico, and I didn't have any problems there either. I used the roundtrip transportation, and I thought it was nice. They were on time. Also, you can meet with an Expedia rep. the next day at your hotel and book the excursions you wish to attend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice