Robbed in SM 32

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Aug 12, 2011.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Police response

In the two burglaries of my cars that occurred in the U.S., I didn´t even bother to call the police: why waste their time, and mine, with a report that just goes in the file cabinet?

Here, I´ve had just one occasion to request police assistance- this with twenty something young men making noise in the park outside my condo, with a marshall arts practice, at around 12:30 at night, and disturbing our sleep.

The police took note, warned the young men, and they haven´t been back, since.

Same park, woman robbed of her purse at night, just as a police patrol was passing by: I observed as she pointed out which way the robber had run and the police immediately gave chase, on foot. I don´t know how it turned out, but they showed a willingness on this occasion to give it a shot, just as they had with my situation.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: There are quite a few stories from the dear old park, yet, I miss it like mad, mostly for walking the dogs.

Back home cops are "decent" enough, but same thing goes there: You can report something, but unless its something "huge", it pretty much gets stacked in a pile...

The best cops Ive experienced so far? In former Yugoslavia, believe it or not. Helpful, calm and a genuine interest to help people out. :)

The worst? Greece, Mexico, Italy and Chicago, haha.

*Obviously not judging the entire police force of a country by a few cops, but personally speaking, thats my "pro/con list". :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice