Road Trip

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Dec 28, 2013.

1. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ok so did you head into the US on I90 through Buffalo, NY or did you take the long way down through Detroit? Whats your heading and are you just up for sightseeing or looking for the warmer weather ideas/places?
    -Gettysburg is awesome if you are a history buff
    -Outer Banks in North Carolina is beautiful
    -Myrtle Beach is cool but pretty touristy
    -Smoky Mountain National Park... amazing view(just be wary of banjo playing toothless inbreds)lol
    -Ybor city in Florida over by Tampa Bay... crazy fun club scene! Its and older "Latin corridor" that is a bit of fun and comes alive at night with more of a club level house/rave vibe There is a hotel on the club strip where you can stay for ease since the cops are all over there.
    -Distillery tours throughout Tennessee and Kentucky... careful, you may not want to go back to Canada. These are all great tours of Jack, Jim, Maker's Mark.
    -slide through Branson, Missouri for some hillbilly type vegas shows. then hed just south into Arkansas for some of the best roadside BBQ you will EVER have.
    -make your way up here to Minnesota for the "Mall of America"... living here, it is not all that much of a thrill though. On the upside though you have our company to keep you entertained!
    - South Dakota you have Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Bear country(place where it is like a drive through zoo)
    -Chicago, check out Millennium Park, eat over at Ginos East for Pizza, navy peir is cool but closed in the winter, Miracle Mile has some nice clubs for night life.
    Colorado- Rocky Mountain National Park Breathtaking any time of year!

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    As an avid RVer that has been in all 50 states, I can tell you there is more to see and do than you will have time for. The tough part of your request is that some of the best things to do and see are summer trips and that is your busy season. We have the opposite situation with our busy season being January through April when the weather is not the best.

For winter trips you need to head south. If you head out 90 from Buffalo down through Columbus and Cincinnati toward Nashville and Memphis. Cool music and fun bars and honky tonks. Over through Arkansas to Hot Springs National Park. Which reminds me you may want to go on line and get a National Parks Pass which will save you money and time at all the National Parks.

You can head down to Houston to the Space Center and then over to Big Bend National Park in Texas. From there you have the parks in Arizona and New Mexico including the Grand Canyon where you can run into some winter weather. Then to Vegas, Red Rock Canyon and over to Southern California and Death Valley and even Disneyland. By the time you do all that you will be approaching your busy season and time to head back to TO and your great city to our North.

Have a blast!

3. bushrabbit

bushrabbit Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Like Tyler and Kelly said us Saskatchewan's bar and beer fridge are always stalked and hot tub is ready anytime. Ever this way give us a shout. Good times!!

4. JoshATC

JoshATC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey I live near san fransisco now. Should come out here 64 degrees here today, giant redwood groves, beaches, frisco night life.

5. K-Passa

K-Passa Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Nashville is awsome, especially when Brandi and Craig are your tour guides.

Grande fiesta pantalonies

6. jon&lynn

jon&lynn Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like a good time ! Gonna have to work that out !

Jon&lynn

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  8. Dave & Audrey

Dave & Audrey Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I like how everybody is pitching their wonderful attractions, warm weather and great tourist spots. Except the Saskatchewan people. We're pitching the fact that we have beer and hot tubs. Go with what you got right!

9. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Hey you SK beer and hot tub gods, PM us your details so we google where you live to see if we can shoot over on our way back

10. Dave & Audrey

Dave & Audrey Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We are just outside Saskatoon. Bushrabbit is down in the south east corner. Not sure where others are. Sk people travel, so a central location would be good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice