Road Trip

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    USA Road Trip 2013 - 2014 via Route 66

As some of you might already know our business is seasonal, we build swimming pools here in Toronto, so after November we pretty much become couch potatoes. To give a better idea of what we mean is that we still wake up at 7am have our morning coffee but back to bed at 9 or 10am till sometime between 1pm and 5pm, have something to eat, go feed the birds, grab something to eat, then back home to cuddle on the couch again and watch movies all while chilling on a warm heated blanket and a really big and heavy duvet. I know life is hard lol....

We would like to do a road trip south through out the USA, we have a place in Florida but that gets boring real quick too, any suggestions on where to go in the USA, sight seeing, once in a life time places to visit. IE Grand Canyon, places to eat that have some really amazing food and drinks, entertainment etc etc etc

Looking forward to your responses

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. vodkatonic

vodkatonic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    my god i can think of soooo many places to visit in US. all winter long....from florida to cali...and every place in between ,,,lol just sayin cheers,,,

3. TylerandKelly

TylerandKelly Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Even though its cold and windy here today Lennie you two are always welcome to travel west and come for a visit over here in Sask. The tub is warm and are bar is always stocked.
    See you in Feb. anyway.

4. Lenni & Jodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    We said fuck it and decided to head to the bank grab some coin, just packing our bags as we speak, actually I am waiting for Jodie to finish to be honest lol, we're giving to start in New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, Arizona, San Diego, Los Angeles, California, San Francisco, and then making our way back home, so SK could very we'll be on the route back as we are considering coming back through the upper parts of Ontario for some site seeing bit that's weather dependant, probably head back down to Chicago and Michigan ..... Shit we could probably say hello to the entire week 8 crew along this path lol

5. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If you are making your way through Mpls, Mn you had better hit us up for a night on the town! It would suck to go another year without seeing you guys!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

6. Maple703

Maple703 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm by no means an expert on the entire country. I've lived in the Carolinas and coastal southeastern Virginia. I grew up deep in the mountains of West Virginia. I've lived in Louisville Kentucky for nearly two years, and it's my favorite place by far.

Great places to eat... great nightlife.... great music scene.... friendly people... worth checking out.

7. Lenni & Jodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    We'll we've made it into the USA so far and decided to stop and grab something to eat and start mapping out our route, nothing better than flying by the seat of your pants.

8. no regrets

no regrets Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You have to see southern Utah then Vegas on your way to Califonia. you can look for the rock in my pics its a great place to sleep does something to the ladies?

9. Lenni & Jodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Fill us in? What's down there along our way, we just decided to get "Pretend Marrided" in Vegas by Elvis unless we have other options too lol

10. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Our favorite places:

1)The hiking around Carmel & Big Sur in California. Where else can you see Grey wales migrating and seaotters feeding with absolute magnificent views of the Pacific ocean.

2)The Giant Redwoods along the coast of Northern California - the coastal redwood range is a few hundred miles long but the prettiest area is from Prairie Creek State park to Jedediah Smith State Park - About 70miles with absolute great views of wild elk, the worlds tallest trees, scenic lagoons, and the wild pacific Ocean. Very rainy this time of year

3) Canyons in Utah- just a 4hr drive from Las Vegas can get you into Zion Canyon and another 2hrs to Bryce Canyon and another 90-minute from there can get you to the Escalante park and so many others. Cold and potential snow in the higher elevations - Bryce sits at 8000-9000 ft. We're looking forward to hiking Havasu falls this summer.

4) Napa/Sonoma Wine tasting - just 1hr from San Francisco. Superb dining and wine awaits you.

5) Boston - spend a day following the freedom trail and climb to the top of Bunker Hill. Enjoy lunch in the North End and dine on great Italian and finish up with a great Sicilian cannoli. Head out on the T and do a Brewery tour of Sam Adams.

6) Washington DC - a week of American history & Smithsonian's

7) Tucson - its warm and spend a day or two at Mira Vista just relaxing - head out and have a Sonoran Hot Dog while your at it.

Things we want to do:

Kentucky/Lexington Kentucky Bourbon Trail tour

Explore the SE coastline of Alabama to South Carolina

Enjoy your travels!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice