Road closures

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess it's luck of the draw... I read in the paper this morning about 4 hour travel times from Playa to the airport yesterday... reportedly anyway... or maybe that was just the first day and now someone with a brain is in charge...

2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I asked a lady at the office who lives in Playa if she had trouble getting to Cancun in the mornings. She told me that from Playa to Cancun was perfectly fine, but from Cancun to Playa was 3.5 hours :S

This is between 8 and 9 am.

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I left the middle of the Cancun hotel zone about 8:25 and got to the Tres Rios hotel for a meeting at about 9:15. No problems or slowdowns at all and the way back was the same. No problems

4. violet0905

violet0905 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i am working at COP and it really takes just 30 minutes to get there from Plaza las Americas...it s not slow and it certainly aint closed ,it was just yesterday and I do believe it had to do with Presidential security....some of the people getting to COP yesterday said it took them 1 1/2 hrs to get to Cancunmesse from the airport but after that one bit ,traffic is very smooth ,lots of security but it is not really a problem...

5. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just did an airport run and there were no issues in either direction.

There is a persistent rumour about a protest on the highway december 7.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice